Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Panasonic E65 Query

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by stuart_day64, Dec 23, 2004.

1. stuart_day64

stuart_day64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was just wondering is it possible to link the E65 direct to a computer using the firewire port and then create DVDs using Nero or other similar programs. So basically it becoming a computer DVD drive???
    cheers

stu :hiya: :hiya: :hiya:

2. den911

den911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i do a lot of video editing from pc via my dv output on camcorder i have the e65 and use the dv input but i do not think you can outout to pc .

3. JamesL

JamesL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Quite correct. The iLink on the E65 is input only - and even then only from a digital camcorder and NOT from a PC. The only machine with an input/output iLink socket are the machines in the Pioneer range. That said even they will not work with a PC.

The best all round solution is to get a PC DVD burner as opposed to try and hook up a standalone DVD recorder.