1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic E65 connection confusion

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Akele, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Akele

Akele

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Today I took deliver of a s****y new Panasonic E65 recorder (lucky me :thumbsup: ). After searching this forum for a bit I think I have worked out the optimum connection settings. I have:

Nokia T221 (freview) AUX --> E65 AV2
    E65 AV1 --> TV AV1

This all seems to work fine except when I try to set AV2 Input settings (on the E65) to RGB. When I set AV2 to RGB I just get a black screen and audio. When I set AV2 back to video I get both audio and video.

I'm guessing that I want to have both AV1 & AV2 set to RGB (rather than video or s-video). At the moment I can set AV1 to RBG but not AV2. Does anyone have any suggestions? I hope this makes some sense.

2. Akele

Akele

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, for some reason the word s w a n k y has been been bleeped. Anyway...

Can anyone suggest some good scart leads, and where to get them, to use with the Panasonic E65? I like the look of the QED stuff. I'm guessing that 2 scarts is way to go to get best quality. I'm also guessing that I shouldn't get RGB only scarts as they will give me no sound.

Any advice you guys can give me is much appreciated. :)

3. jem

jem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    This means that AV2 is not receiving an RGB signal. I'm not familiar with Freeview but if it's anything like the Sky digibox, you need to connect the TV out scart to the E65 AV2. I'm guessing that what you describe as AUX is like the Sky VCR scart and this only outputs composite.

4. Akele

Akele

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah, that fixed it. Many thanks for your help Jem. :)

5. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Good scarts?

Get them from TVCABLES online.

They do a really good flat cable scart for £5.99!!!!! Check it out! I couldn't believe the quality. Don't pay silly money for 'named' scarts unless you're a real audiophile.

www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/SC001.html

Jimmy

6. tony79

tony79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    I have a similar set up in that I have a sony freeviewbox connected via the tv out into the panny av2 and av1 out to the rgb scart on my sony tv. Have been mightily impressed by the machine. Bought mine for £229.99 and consider it a bargain!

7. noikz

noikz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I bought an e65 mainly to route my sky+ into my pwd6s DSUB connection. (and to replace my tired old Philips DVDr).

I have to leave the recorder on to get component out (does that sound right)?
    I don't mind leaving it switched on but the display only shows "NO DISC" etc and not the clock like when the machine is in standby, which is a little annoying. :(
    The only way I can get the clock on is by toggling the "status" button but that also brings up a large onscreen banner. :rolleyes:

8. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,208
    Yes - no machine in the world will convert RGB scart to component when off.

9. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    nokiz slap a RAM disc in there so you can live pause etc and that will clear the no disc display (gives you the RAM disc time tho not clock IIRC)