Panasonic E60B or E6B

smiff

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all, my plan was to buy the E6B from John Lewis tomorrow however I have just received an email from Currys saying the 6OB has been reduced to £549 from £799. I can get John Lewis to price match this however is it worth the extra £70? Ji5st because its more it doesnt mean its better.

Main use would be Blu Ray, PS3 and some TV via Now TV and Netflix.

Just to confirm the model numbers....

L42FT60B
TX-L42E6B

Do you want 3d?

Not overly bothered with 3D to be honest. My current TV is 3D and I have probably used it less than five times. It's being regulated to the bedroom so it's there if I get urge. My main want is the best possible picture I can with my money. I don't watch sports, just TV, occasional gaming and Blu Ray.

Any thoughts people? Finish work at 4 and need some guidance before I go to John Lewis.

Surely you will get the best picture with the tv higher up in the range? And if that includes 3D, then so be it. There probably isn't a HUGE amount of difference, compared to the price difference, but there may still be some.

I too have a 3D TV in the lounge, and while the 3D does get occasional use, it is mostly HD content that gets viewed. I am looking for a bedroom tv just now, and these two were my original choices. I have already bumped my budget up from the E6B to the ET60B, I am now considering whether to hold fire and go for the AS700 when it comes out. My local HiFi place have already offered me £50 off either the AS700 or the Sony W8, so either way, it's only an extra £50 for the 2014 set. Ka-ching...

Surely you will get the best picture with the tv higher up in the range? And if that includes 3D, then so be it. There probably isn't a HUGE amount of difference, compared to the price difference, but there may still be some.

I too have a 3D TV in the lounge, and while the 3D does get occasional use, it is mostly HD content that gets viewed. I am looking for a bedroom tv just now, and these two were my original choices. I have already bumped my budget up from the E6B to the ET60B, I am now considering whether to hold fire and go for the AS700 when it comes out. My local HiFi place have already offered me £50 off either the AS700 or the Sony W8, so either way, it's only an extra £50 for the 2014 set. Ka-ching...

It would seem logical to assume that to be true but as the E6 doesn't have 3D it has a different kind of panel to the Panasonics further up the range. This gives it deeper blacks and a better contrast ratio. The E6 is one of the best LED's Panasonic has ever made. CNET.com has this to say about how the E6 compares to the top of the range WT60;

'It's also worth noting that even though I didn't include it in the comparison below, nor have I subjected it to a full review yet, I've tested our in-house TC-L55WT60 -- Panasonic's most expensive LED LCD for 2013 -- enough to report that it doesn't have better picture quality than the E60'

Their header for the review reads;
Best Panasonic LCD in years a great value

(The same website also only recommends two Samsung LED's from 2013. The bottom of the range F5000 and the top of the range F8000.)

NB. The 50" E6 is on sale at Richer Sounds for £599. With a 5 year guarantee.

When I arrived in JL there was a Panasonic rep there which demoed the two TVs with some HD content so I could get a better view. Based on what I saw and his recommendation I came home with the E6B and an extra £80. On my way home I picked up The Hobbit (spending my savings) and wow, looked stunning and I haven't touched the settings yet. Put Last Of Us and Tomb Raider on for a quick look and they look amazing.

I know there is better out there however I am happy......well I will be when it's wall mounted :0)

When I arrived in JL there was a Panasonic rep there which demoed the two TVs with some HD content so I could get a better view. Based on what I saw and his recommendation I came home with the E6B and an extra £80. On my way home I picked up The Hobbit (spending my savings) and wow, looked stunning and I haven't touched the settings yet. Put Last Of Us and Tomb Raider on for a quick look and they look amazing.

I know there is better out there however I am happy......well I will be when it's wall mounted :0)

You did good!

Panasonic TX-L50E6 Reviewer's Recommended Best Settings | AVForums

I think so :0)

Thanks for the link, will take a look when I get home from work.

Finally got around to going through the above. I didn't realise there was so many options. Thanks again as I wouldn't of known where to start!!!!!!!!

I may play around with them a little as I normally watch during the evening so the room is dark however a great starting point.

Just fitted onto the wall.

Attachments

• 1398028796440.jpg
    1398028796440.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 87

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom