Panasonic E60 vs E50

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by seymourtitty, Dec 3, 2003.

1. seymourtitty

seymourtitty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all

Is there a major difference between these 2 models? The price difference is about £100, but I'm not sure if I should be getting the E50 as it might be phased out soon?

2. sdh500

sdh500

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The E60 has a few extra inputs on it, the main one being an i.Link connection for use with digital camcorders.

3. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    The E50 and E60 are both in the same range but for different markets and will both be phased out at the same time.

4. roland

roland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear Ken
    Is it that you know when these two models are going to be phased out, like next month. I know they will eventually.

5. dude1971

dude1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The i-link is the main difference. So if you have a digital camcorder go for the e60.

Panasonic have announced new models for next year but that doesn't mean that the e50 and e60 will vanish overnight. And the new models will only be tweaks of these ones anyway so buy now with no worries.

Regards

Dude

6. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    A lot of people think the E30 was better than the current E60, as the later machine was built down to a budget to compete with the cheaper machine from phillips etc.

Buying the newer model is not always the best solution, particularly when the previous one is being marked down to clear.

Personally I think my HS2 is superb, even though it cost over £800 a year ago. Think how much better it would seem for the current £550. The newer E100 does not appear to be worth the current £400 premium over the hs2 in my opinion