Panasonic E55......

StevePn

Established Member
Reaction score
Help Please :lease:
Thinking of getting a E55, but unsure about something!
I understand that you can edit out adverts etc if recording TV etc, is this possible and how much of a long winded job is it? It would be usefull, so I can watch TV programes later on a portable dvd player (Panasonic of course)
Many Thanks
Steve

I understand that you can edit out adverts etc if recording TV etc, is this possible and how much of a long winded job is it?
Very easy - select 'Partial Erase' from the menu, FF/RW/PLAY/FRAME ADVANCE to the start point, FF/RW/PLAY/FRAME ADVANCE to the end point, done.

Thanks for that. :thumbsup:
So to edit out adverts from say a hours TV take only a matter of mins then?
How do you rate to machine?
Steve

So to edit out adverts from say a hours TV take only a matter of mins then?
Correct.

How do you rate to machine?
Very highly - for the price it's an excellent machine. Compared to other DVD recorders with similar features it has better recording performance (upto 3hrs at full resolution), component output, progressive scan and DVD-Audio (alebit only 2 channels). All in all a top package for under £200.

Hi Everyone

Tomorrow i will buy my first ever DVD Recorder, it is a straight fight via the Panasonic E55 & the Sony RDR-GX700.

Will discs such as DVD-RW, DVD+R & DVD+RW be playable on the E55?

Faith . . . u gotta haves IT!

Will discs such as DVD-RW, DVD+R & DVD+RW be playable on the E55?
They will play - provided they have been burnt correctly - but will obviously not record.

it is a straight fight via the Panasonic E55 & the Sony RDR-GX700
Rather an odd lineup: if you are in the GX700 price range/features then the Panasonic opposite number is the E65. If you don't want the extra features then you should consider the Sony GX300 versus the Panasonic E55.

Rasczak thank you for your reply, will probably buy the E55 now that you have informed me that it can play discs such as DVD-RW, DVD+R & DVD+RW.

I'm i correct in thinking DVD-RAM is the premier recording format in the sense it is more flexible in terms of editing features?

I went to see one of these in action yesterday, and editing on dvd Ram disc is just as easy as has been quoted here,

BUT (and I'm sure I'll be corrected if the pimply youth who told me, was wrong)

there aren't that many players that will then play your ram disc. So it's great if the disc is going to stay in your front room, but.... does your portable play such discs??

morgs

there aren't that many players that will then play your ram disc. So it's great if the disc is going to stay in your front room, but.... does your portable play such discs??
DVD-RAM is largely incompatible with other DVD players. However if his portable is fairly recent (last couple of years) it should play DVD-RAM disks as it is a Panasonic model and they have added support to their entire range. It will certainly play DVD-R disks.

I'm i correct in thinking DVD-RAM is the premier recording format in the sense it is more flexible in terms of editing features?
It is at the moment although this is largely to do with the quality of the machines that use the DVD-RAM format as opposed to anything particularly special about DVD-RAM itself. DVD-RAM is currently the leading set-top DVDR format for that very reason.

Morgs the youth was correct but with the E55 also being my player RAM disk incompatibility is not an issue.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom