1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic E55 & Sky Picture Shadowing

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ramadam, Jan 5, 2005.

1. ramadam

ramadam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just got a Panasonic E55 to replace my old out of date VHS recorder.

Everything works great apart from one major problem the sky picture is shadowing accross the screen big time. I have checked the setting on both the Sky box & the E55 & everything would appear to be setup ok, I think the problem lies with the E55. The reason I say that is when the E55 is on standby I can still watch Sky & the shadowing doesnt appear, as soon as the E55 warms up the shadowing starts. Basically the picture broadcast on screen is scrolling in the background horizontally.

The only connections not being used on the E55 is the RF ariel sockets as I have no need for these as I have access to two freeview streams (1 on my TV & 1 on my PC which I can record to & get superier recordings from). I dont think this is the problem though as I didnt have RF leads connected on the VHS recorder.

All connections to the TV & Sky box are done via SCART.

May be something simple but I have spent 2-3 hours messing about with settings on both pieces of equipment, but no joy so far.

Any advice would be most helpful.

2. skes

skes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Try a better quality scart lead, i've read that this cures the problem of ghosting

3. ramadam

ramadam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes that's what it was a faulty scart lead indeed. Having looked at the pins there is a bit of copper wiring very close to pin 9 which obviously should be there & what was causing the problem. Cable now binned.

I did think it could be the lead but as it was working fine with the VHS recorder I thought it couldn't be that. Obviously the E55 is a little bit more temperamental!!!!

:thumbsup:

4. skes

skes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Great