Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

panasonic e55 recording problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by JOG, Nov 23, 2004.

1. JOG

JOG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I'm copying old home videos to DVD-R using a dmre55, and with one of the tapes I get copy prohibited cannot record... this is a home video so there CANT be macrovision on it... anyone else had this problem and been able to fix it?
    I've tried smacking the tape of course but it hasnt helped ;-)
    jog1732@gmail.com

2. bobcar

bobcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Noise will be making the E55 think its copy protected. A Macrovision removing cable should work and is perfectly legal in this case.

3. JOG

JOG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks... I looked on google for cables, can anyone recommend a reliable one? My concern is that these products might be good at removing genuine macrovision, but not 'noise' that is being mistaken for macrovision by the recorder...

4. Bosco

Bosco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The fact that it can remove macrovision shouldn't prevent you from buying it, you are just backing up a home movie to DVD.

5. JOG

JOG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sure, I understand... but as the tape doesnt actually have macrovision on it, will a product designed to remove macrovision also remove the noise that my panasonic is confusing with macrovision? Just dont dont want to shell out £25 for something that wont do the job...