Panasonic E55 recording from SKY+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by iDLe*, Mar 29, 2005.

1. iDLe*

iDLe*

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Could anyone offer any advice on recording from SKY/backing up from SKY+ using the 'copy' function?

I have the following hardware/connections:

SKY+ -> connects to DVDR via high quality scart/optical audio
    DVDR -> connects to TV via Component

So basically I have to have the DVDR/AMP powered on and in standby to see SKY TV- as soon as I play it auto switches to DVD playback.

So I try and record from SKY+ and it seems I can record whatever is currently being viewed, going to TV Planner and selecting 'copy' does not allow me to record. So I could record my SKY+ selections but only by viewing it and doing so manually.

Could someone come back to me with any suggestions on how to backup mySKY+ selections??

2. bignairy

bignairy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    There is nothing magical about the copy function - all it does is play the selections back (multiple programmes if you have selected them). So you won't get any better than recording as you view. You don't have to sit and watch it of course ;)

3. iDLe*

iDLe*

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I select the copy funciton it does nothing. I have to watch what I record.

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    That is the way it works, SKY+ can only output a single video/audio stream (across all connections) at any one time.
    The COPY function just automates the playout allowing you to record multipule programs unattended on an external device.

5. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    The copy facility allows queueing of several programmes to dump to DVD or VHS. The best time to do this is overnight. All you have to do is to make sure that your recording device has enough capacity to take the programmes queued.

6. bobcar

bobcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Be gentle with the remote keys when using copy, its really easy to accidentally do multiple presses thus stopping the copy.