Panasonic E55 problems

N

nathan_s

I bought this Panasonic DMR-E55 recorder a few months back and I have always been just watching movies I recorded myself. Then a couple days ago I tried to watch a movie I bought on it and it came up with an error saying "This selection exceeds the rating". I went to change the rating and it asked for a password and I do not ever remember making a password for the unit. So I tried reseting the dvd player by holding down the front buttons and it reset but did not effect the password situation.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this figured out? Or maybe what the default password is?

I tried contacting thier customer service only to wait for an hour, have a lady I can barly understand say that she can do nothing and then told me she would transfer me to someone else but it would be a 2 hour wait.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nathan

Hi Nathan,

Not sure if this is what they call 'blind leading the blind!' but here goes.

I have had my DMR-E55EB-S for a week now after getting it as a replacement for a faulty Mustak recorder that gave me load of hassle!

I have had a look through the manual and on page 39 it says about the password and not to forget it! if your machine is new is there a possibility that it is asking you to set a password for future changes?

If the machine is second-hand then I hope it's not like the ID password as once you have entered it there is no going back, even is you reset the DMR!

Hope this helps,

nice if it does as it's my first post on AVForums.

Primus said:
Hi Nathan,

Not sure if this is what they call 'blind leading the blind!' but here goes.

I have had my DMR-E55EB-S for a week now after getting it as a replacement for a faulty Mustak recorder that gave me load of hassle!

I have had a look through the manual and on page 39 it says about the password and not to forget it! if your machine is new is there a possibility that it is asking you to set a password for future changes?

If the machine is second-hand then I hope it's not like the ID password as once you have entered it there is no going back, even is you reset the DMR!

Hope this helps,

nice if it does as it's my first post on AVForums.

Welcome to forums :hiya:

There is an option to reset to shipping condition, in functions.
Have you tried this?

In the E85 manual there is help if you have forgotten your password. It says to have the disc tray open and then press and hold 2 buttons on the front of the main unit for more than 5 seconds to reset the password - the buttons to press are the skip back and skip forwards ones.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom