Panasonic E55 problems

I

Isabella

Can anyone advise me - I am a complete novice with DVD's

I recently purchased my first DVD recorder - a Panasonic DMR E55 - together with some Panasonic DVD RAM discs (3x speed) as I want to record from TV programmes.

I have had no problems setting up the machine but it only works for a few minutes whether recording or in dir navigator before it it says an error has occurred - press enter. When I do this it goes into self check mode and comes up with error message - no read. It then will not read any disc whether blank or pre-recorded unless the power is swithed off and back on again.

Am I doing anything wrong or should I be taking the machine back.

Isabella said:
Can anyone advise me - I am a complete novice with DVD's

I recently purchased my first DVD recorder - a Panasonic DMR E55 - together with some Panasonic DVD RAM discs (3x speed) as I want to record from TV programmes.

I have had no problems setting up the machine but it only works for a few minutes whether recording or in dir navigator before it it says an error has occurred - press enter. When I do this it goes into self check mode and comes up with error message - no read. It then will not read any disc whether blank or pre-recorded unless the power is swithed off and back on again.

Am I doing anything wrong or should I be taking the machine back.

Does the same thing happen with each of your RAM disks?

Isabella said:
Yes - I have tried 4 out of 6

I would doubt that 4 faulty RAM disks would be very likely. I would return it.

bluedoo
what is this about formatting RAM discs? I have recently bought this machine along with 5 Panasonic dvd-ram discs and was able to record straight away without formatting the discs. Have also had no problems erasing the content and reusing the disc

it maybe the panasonic discs are pre formatted
the ones i got from svp had to be formatted before i could use them

I bought a box of Panasonic DVD-RAM when I got my E55 (on the "better safe than sorry principle!) and they were pre-formatted.

Original poster: sounds like it's just a faulty unit that should be exchanged.

Cliff

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom