1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic E55 MP3 play order

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by richdutton, Aug 20, 2004.

1. richdutton

richdutton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone got a foolproof method for coercing the E55 into playing MP3s in the right order? It seems to play them in the order in which they're burned, rather than alphabetically, which is fine for some burning s/w (like Windows Media Player) but bad for others which don't seem to burn alphabetically (like CopyToDVD).

I know there's a box in the manual suggesting that prefixing files and folders with a three digit number should work but it simply does not. I've also tried short and long file names and have ensured I'm writing ISO 9660 or whatever.

Ta

Rich

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,261
    Is it totally unhelpful to suggest burning with software that puts it alphabetically then? ;) Seriously if you can't do this for whatever reason can you not compile the files on your HDD and then drag them to the burning ROM in the order you want?