Panasonic E55 Firmware Question

BOFH_UK

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've got a real stupid question that I hope someone can help me out on. I was having a hunt round the web and found a firmware update for the Panasonic E55 on the Panasonic US support site. If anyone wants it the link is:

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wc...oads?storeId=15001&langId=-1&page=DVDFirmware

(If it doesn't work, just go to the .com address, click on "Product Support" then "Driver Downloads" and finally "DVD Recorders")

Anyway, it seems a pretty straight forward update but just as I was going to stick the CD in the machine a thought hit me. Will this upgrade do anything nasty to my region setting? This is currently a multi-region machine but I don't mind loosing that particular bit of functionality as it's no longer my main player. But having the machine reset itself to be a Region 1 player would be fairly disastrous and as the new firmware does come from America....

So, anyone have any ideas on this, or for that matter has anyone actually done this update themselves yet? I know I'm probably being too paranoid but....

Thanks in advance,
Steve.

Firmware is country specific, USA firmware won't work with Euro version, etc, it may even cause non recoverable corruption and one dead machine !
Unless the firmware is for your country version, don't risk it ! :lesson:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom