• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic E55. Compatible discs ?

transwest

Hi all,
am I missing something about my Panny E55 ? For some reason, it doesn’t seem to recognise +R or +RW discs ! To be truthful, I have only used RAM discs for normal use,,, but as I have bought a cheap LiteOn for the Den, I have bought some +RW & +R (Sony & Verbatim) discs,,,, as I thought they’d be usable in both machines.
All ideas will be appreciated.
thanks for looking
TranswesT

ROYOLD

The Panasonic DMR-E55 is one of the older dvd recorders and only supports DVD-R/RW and DVD-RAM. Only the newer models support +R/RW. The native support for DVDR on Panasonic models was always DVD-R. Shame that you purchased a Liteon who's support was for DVD+R.

Delh68

transwest said:
Hi all,
am I missing something about my Panny E55 ? For some reason, it doesn’t seem to recognise +R or +RW discs ! To be truthful, I have only used RAM discs for normal use,,, but as I have bought a cheap LiteOn for the Den, I have bought some +RW & +R (Sony & Verbatim) discs,,,, as I thought they’d be usable in both machines.
All ideas will be appreciated.
thanks for looking
TranswesT

Mine will read +RW/+R, but that's it.

Delh68

transwest

thanks,,,, yep,,,, I don't know where I got the idea that it used plus discs,,,, might try reading the booklet next time !!!
thanks to all
transwestgroup.me.uk

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom