Panasonic E55 - can not make a bckup of the backup!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Hades, May 12, 2004.

1. Hades

Hades

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,138
    Hi there,

I have just bought the Panasonic E55 and I am in the process of moving stuff from the Personal Planner onto DVD-R. I have copied the same film onto a Datasafe Ritex 4X DVD-R and a Princo V3 Red DVD-R. Now both of these play fine on various players, but for the life in me they will not copy using the Pioneer 107D.

I am sure I am doing the recording thing right and finalizing ok. So I am hoping that I am not using the right brand of media for making master copies on.

The idea is for me to transfer from Sky+ onto DVD-r and then delete of the PP on Sky+. But seeing as I can not make another backup copy after....it is defeating the object. So me is a bit stuck really.

If anyone could help out here then it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Gary.

2. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,022
    What are you using as the software on the PC?

3. Hades

Hades

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,138
    Orca The Killer Whale must be an iffy recording :oops: as I have tried with another recording and all is fine.

Oh well another one to add the learning curve :)

Gazza...

4. Hades

Hades

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,138
    Back again folks and this is doing my crust in now.

The last bit about Orca being copy protected I am almost certain was incorrect. There is something really strange here and I am hoping it's a fault with the E55 really.

I recorded Deepstar Six the other night.... I have transferred it to a Red Princo V3 DVD-R, Ridisc Ritek G05 DVD-R and a Datawrite Ritek 4X DVD-R. After finalzing the DVD... and then moving onto my PC.... I can not do anything with the disk after. A direct copy is a no no...dragging and dropping the files onto the PC HDD fails on the main VOB files...DVD Shrink fails (remove adverts at start and finish) and DVD Decrypter fails at 10% with an I/O error.

If anyone can help me out here it really would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Gazza...