Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Panasonic E50 question - flexible recording on timer programs

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by me3101, Sep 12, 2003.

1. me3101

me3101
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone advise how I input fexible recording into timer programs. It seems to me that you can only do it if you press the flexible recording button duing the timed program - what happens if you are not around?

Apologies if a stupid question and the answer is obvious.

Cheers

2. sdh500

sdh500

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought one myself and haven't tried this yet but according to page 34 in the manual you can change the Mode (XP, SP, LP, EP and FR) while you are manually programming it - or even afterwards.

Press Prog/Check on the remote to get the Timer Programme List, highlight the one you want and press Enter to call up the Correction screen. Then press > to get to Mode and press up or down to change it. Press Enter again to confirm it, then Prog/Check or Return to exit.

3. me3101

me3101
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks - I appreciate you can do that (in a similar way to the old VHS players) however I had it in my mind that if a film was say 2hours 30 mins long there was a way the E50 worked out the best quality sepeed availble for that timespan.

4. fozzybear

fozzybear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sdh500 is correct - when you set up the time recording you specify start and end time and also what recording mode to use. If you select FR mode then the bitrate of the timer recording will be maximised to fill the available space on your DVD-r or dvd-ram disc.

The E50 works out the running time from the start and end times and then maximises the bitrate based on that - it works exactly as it would if you started a flexible recording yourself.

You have the option of:

XP: 1 hour fills a disc
    SP: 2 hours fills a disc
    LP: 4 hours fills a disc
    EP: 6 hours fills a disc
    FR: x hours and x minutes* fills a disc

* calculated from end time of recording - start time of recording

5. me3101

me3101
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thansk fozzybear & sdh500, got it - sorry for being thick earlier

6. fozzybear

fozzybear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :D No problem. I've been having a no-brainer day too - took me 4 attempts to solder a wire to the right connection in a unit this morning, after that I kind of gave up on getting anything meaningful done and just cruised through the day.