1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic e50 media??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cuewoz, Jun 28, 2003.

1. cuewoz

cuewoz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have tried data write red and grey top and these are unreliable. verbatim
    likewise.
    Any one have a panasonic dvd recorder and use media thats reliable.
    At the moment about 75% fails

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,208
    Do a search of the forum and you will find this has been raised several times. Personally I use Panasonic DVD-Rs (available at £2-£3 each from the Panasonic E-Shop) for long term archiving and Mirror DVD-Rs as my cheap, disposable, daily use disks. Never had a coaster with the Panasonics and only 3 (out of several hundred) with the Mirror disks.

3. mike5

mike5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    VERBATIM you must be joking.Make sure you get the ones in the jewl cases.If you want cheap Panasonic disks. 7 day shop are the cheapest at the moment

www.7dayshop.com/catalog/default/.php?

4. Desk

Desk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +756
    I've found that the Be-All discs work very well, but does anyone have any experience with the cheaper Datasafe 1x Yellows?

Desk

5. sdm197

sdm197

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi Cuewoz,

I have a DMR-E50 too, I ordered 100x Unbranded Ritek discs, I asked members of this forum for advice, also I asked the retailer from whom I purchased "dvd-and-media.com" who was very helpful. The retailer actually, asked me to return the discs, although he was quick to point out that he had never had any complaints about Ritek at all. He advised that he had people that returned Verbatim with compatibility probs with the Panasonic recorders. I took the advice of the forum members, I asked him to send me Verbatims, I had to persuade him as he didn't want to, the result I had delivered 100 Verbatim discs, so far I have used 25 with 100% success, compared to 11 Riteks and 3 coasters.
    I should also mention that I sell amongst other things blank CDR media, we source CDR media to sell under our own Brand name, well all I can say is that now we only source from Verbatim as they have the loewst fault rate.The other thing is that these problems do seem to be machine specific, as I know a guy that has 2 DMR-E50's, one will happily use Data Write, the other fails with them 50% of the time.

6. cuewoz

cuewoz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I should point out the verbatin discs both failed at exactly the same part of the disc.( about 6mm from the outside edge), so I may have a 5 pack of bad ones?

7. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,208
    That sounds like it failed when it tried to write the Track - the initial 6mm (or thereabouts) is just the lead in.

You can tell straight off if it will work or not - try to give the disk a title - if it works then the disk should work fine, if not then it will probably fail. This provides a good indicator 90% of the time.

8. sdm197

sdm197

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Cuewoz,

My Riteks all failed within the first minute, although they had let me title them, the funny thing is when I tried them again at a later date some of them worked, I should also point out that 2 of the 3 failed whilst the recorder was on timer mode, the one that didn't I just pushed stop, then record again, and it seemed to work OK, but when I played it back the image on the recording freezed, so it was useless.

9. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Panasonics own from their e-shop are cheap and 100% reliable for me.

:clap:

10. joe davis

joe davis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    {DV 300} DVD <MINUS> Sample Pack
    Are you unsure about which DVD-R discs to use? Would you like to try a small quantity before committing yourself to a larger sample pack contains the following:
    1 x Datasafe DVD-RW (DV 306)

1 x Ritek Unbranded (1-4x) DVD-R (DV 341)

1 x Pinco Printable (1x) (DV 361)

1 x Memorex (4x) (DV 356)

1 x Datawrite YELLOW (4x) DVD-R (DV 358)

1 x Nanya (1x - 2x) (DV 343)

Shipping cost will be calculated and displayed by the website before you finalise your order. The price below is inclusive of VAT.

Price: £7.99 Including VAT at 17.5%

http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/acatalog/FOR_DVD_R_RW_CLICK_HERE.html

thanks joe.

11. sdm197

sdm197

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The problem with sampler packs, is that you could try a sample & it would work fine, order 100 then 3 in 11 do not. Sometimes the discs are not all incompatible, even from the same brand some work some don't.
    But it sounds like a good idea, but wouldn't have helped me.

12. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Sorry to have to burst the above bubble. But i have just had to return a batch of Verbatim 2x in a jewel case discs for incompatibility with my Pioneer 444 player. They stutter and eventualy grind to a halt. Verbatim the only disc ever, cheap or otherwise that has failed in my Pioneer 444.

So. Sorry verbatim is not the be all wonder of DVD-R.
    I am at present using the remaining discs from two batches of Verbatim on a spindle. I have used nearly all of them and had no problems from those on a spindle. Alas they don't seem to be available any more.

With the Failure of the verbatim jewel case discs I have now turned to Memorex which I believe are manufactured at the same place as the verbatim on a spindle. So far so good.