Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

panasonic e50 - feedbask with ram disc

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by colinpost, Mar 7, 2004.

1. colinpost

colinpost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my system of dvd recorder, sky+, video is all connected as suggested via this forum. all is working except there is a strange effect when in A2 mode on the panasonic e50, with sky+ off and a ram disc inserted, - there is a horrendous feedback ( increasing sound and picture getting suddlenlyl blanched !).

it only happens when the dvd-ram is incerted ans sky+ is switched off...so what is happening ???

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,584
    Can you list how your connected fully as there are a number of ways you might have been advised on how to connect up here! It will make troubleshooting on this topic alot easier.

3. bobones

bobones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    It's a feedback loop. Your sky+ vcr scart connected to the tv (scart 2), and the tv sending a signal out on this scart. Your recorder is connected to another scart (scart 1) but the the tv is set to output on scart 2 what's incoming on scart 1 so you have a loop when the sky+ box passes through the signal incoming on its vcr scart to the recorder.

The solution is to change your tv setup so that scart 2 doesn't output scart 1, cut some wires in the scart lead, or just leave your sky box on.

4. colinpost

colinpost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks chaps - sounds about right, as i am using scarts that are ALL 21 pin wired. In the future, i'll get a spare scart, take out the returns and try that. For the moment as suggested , i'll use plan B, keep sky on , as that solutuion stops the feedback !

cheers