1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic E50/E60 Advice

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by hayesn, Sep 1, 2003.

1. hayesn

hayesn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I've recently bought a digital camcorder (Panasonic NVGS10B) and I would like to start recording stuff onto DVD, hence my interest in the two recorders above.

Can anyone tell me if the difference in getting dv transfer in the E60 is worth the extra £100 or am I better off getting the E50 and just using the s-video connections?

Comments much appreciated.

Neil

2. wellsi

wellsi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I use DV in; but I think any difference depends on your equipment set up and how astute you are.
    At the end of the day, DV is supposed to be a lot better than plain phono leads; why not find an accomodating shop to let you try out your camcorder?

3. rulett

rulett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    does any one know if you can record pics from the card slot to dvd on the e60

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,213
    Yes you can - you can record them to DVD-RAM. If your interested in this feature why not read through the online manual for the HS2 (which has the same PC Card slot but no SD Slot). I would suggest reading the E60 manual but as that product was released a couple of months back the Panasonic site hasn't been updated to include it yet :rolleyes:

Anyway you'll find details of how it works at this link (you'll need the truely awful Acrobat reader):
    http://www.support.panasonic.co.uk/...igital_Versatile_Disc/DMR/HS2/BHS2_part_1.pdf
    (Scroll through to page 12/13)

5. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I do a small amount of digi cam transfer to the Panny and use "S" video. I can't see any difference between the digi cam recording and the transfer. However, I only use a CRT 32" wide screen TV. So i don't know if a difference would become noticable on say larger screen equipment.

As wellsi says it may depend on your equipment set up and if you have the eye sight of a hunting eagle five miles above the earth looking for a worm hiding in the grass in a forest on a foggy day...:D :D