1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic E50 - Dropouts ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by panaman, Oct 5, 2004.

1. panaman

panaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I have had my E50 now for 11 months and so far it has performed flawlessly, but I think I may have a problem, but i'm not sure. :rolleyes:

During playback of DVD-RAM (in cartridge) I have lately been experiencing small blips in the playback of the sound, the picture isn't affected.

I formatted the disc/s and it seems to work for a while, but they seem to be coming back again. Sometimes they are quite frequent i.e. every few seconds, but not continuous, just a couple and that will be it. Other times it will be about every couple of minutes for a period of time and then it will stop.

I am still using the 6 discs which I purchased when I bought the machine (panasonic caddy type), could they be wearing out?

The other thing I have yet to try is to record all my BBC1, ITV etc programs on SKY instead of Terestrial as I think so far SKY programs seem to be OK. We are having a couple of problems with erratic signal strength of terestrial, but we have never noticed the blips in sound when we watch.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :lease:

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    It's not going to be the DVD-RAM disks - if they start to fail the recorder would refuse to record or you'd notice massive MPEG artifacts. First and foremost check your connections: it could be a loose Scart. Therefore unplug/replug everything. And, if possible, change the Scarts. Second check there are no interferences coming through the power supply that may be causing problems - in somecases these can cause problems which could manifest itself with your symptoms. Finally if still no luck try a disk cleaner - although generally the symptoms of that are refusal to read disks.

3. panaman

panaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Ok, I will give that a try :)

It's just that the guarantee is ending next month, so if there is a problem I want to get it sorted :smashin: