Panasonic E50 - dark picture?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ShaunIOW, Nov 10, 2003.

1. ShaunIOW

ShaunIOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any ideas on this?

If I watch Sky or terrestrial through the VCR or TV it is fine, but watching through the E50 the picture is very dark - I've had a look through the settings and the only one I can find is set to bright.

Cheers

2. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I don't know if this is relavent to your problem but when I play back my E30 using "S" video to "S" video on my Toshiba TV the picture goes very dark indeed. Same goes when I play my Pioneer 444 via "S" video. Never been able to sort out why. I just set up a new preset on the TV to adjust picture brightness and contrast back to normal levels.

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    ShaunIOW, the first thing to check here is that your settings are correct. Is Sky set to RGB? On your E50 is AV1 and AV2 both set to "RGB"? Is AV2 Connection type set to "Normal"?

4. ShaunIOW

ShaunIOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes everything is set right, but it looks like I found the problem - I had the recorder going through a SCART 2to1 splitter into the TV, but the picture is fine if connected straight to the TV (tried it earlier), so I assume the splitter box is not RGB.