panasonic E50 channel switching

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by pandrew, Oct 7, 2003.

1. pandrew

pandrew
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently purchased a E50 and have connected it up. I have one issue and I am not sure if it's due to the way I have connected it all up.

I have the follow connections:
    AV1 (TV out - RGB) from my NTL digital box connected to AV1 on the TV.
    AV2 (Video out - composite ) from my NTL digital box connected to AV2 on the E50.
    AV1 from E50 to AV2 on the TV.

The problem I have is when the E50 is on a timer recording and I am watching the TV on a different channel, lets say AV3, the TV picture changes to the AV2 channel while the E50 is closing down after recording then switches back again to the channel I was watching. Basically it interupts what I am watching for about 15 secs.

Does anyone else have this problem and how do I stop it?

2. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,858
    I have a freeview box with similar connection to your NTL.

I have the RGB TV out of the freeview (or in your case NTL) going to the AV2 of the Panny. Then connect the AV1 of the Panny to the TV in the RGB scart (mine is AV1) Then enable RGB in the setup of the Panny for both AV1 and AV2.

That way you can record in RGB and get the NTL digital in RGB on the TV. Don't use about the composite AV2 of the NTL box unless you want to run a VCR of it.