1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic e50 - archiving from VHS

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Kazuya Mishima, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    I couldn't find an answer to this question so hope you can help....

If I use the panasonic e50 to make recordings from VHS (ie a non-RGB source), in what format will the e50 record and playback this information? Will it now output the material in RGB, or in composite video?

The reason I want to know this is because I am using the John Sim RGB-VGA plasma box for all my RGB sources, and intend to connect the panasonic e50 the same way.

Thanks in anticipation.

2. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am no expert but I can not see how the DVDR can record a non RGB source then output it as one

many people here have said the quality of VHS archive is very good, there is an option on the dvdr, noisy I think for archiving such material.

If you want an RGB recording of something you have on VHS you will have to wait for it to reappear on SKY I am afraid

3. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236
    All (mpeg2) recordings on DVD are in component form regardless of the source material so you will have the same options for replay of any DVD, whether the recording came from an RGB or composite signal.

4. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    :clap: Thanks! Think I might give the DVD recorder a go....... my main requirement will be recording RGB stuff from cable but I would like to preserve all my old Beavis & Butthead stuff!

Thanks.