Panasonic E30 - Questions

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mk, Dec 15, 2002.

1. mk

mk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Having read through this forum for several weeks I decided to purchase the Panasonic E30 DVD Recorder.

I have a couple of questions:

I have just one RGB scart on the telly, so have connected SKY into AV2 and from there out of AV1 into the telly, not into the telly direct as recommended in the manual. Is this the only way to get a RGB connection for SKY and DVD? Also seem to get lip Sync problems when watching SKY this way and it is worse when the sound goes through a sony 5.1 amp (optical connect).

Also when reading a disk (DVDRam) is takes 15 seconds before you can do anything - is this normal?

Cheers.MK

2. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    To get round lipsinc problems you either need a new tv with two rgb scart inputs or a little cheaper is to go for a switch box like this one click if you have a local miller brothers its about £6 exactly the same.

3. mentsugi

mentsugi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    MK,
    Yes the 15 sec load time is normal (the Philips are about 8-10 sec I hear) and it is all to do with calculating burn rates, free space etc.

It does seem a pain at first but after no time you get used to it...just have to think ahead when quick recording is required.