1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic E100 Black Screen

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Penryn, Jan 13, 2004.

1. Penryn

Penryn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I wonder if anyone has experienced this problem with the E100. I recently got mine and it is connected up per the manual for Sky RGB - no RF used at all - only the digibox.

On some recordings, I get a black screen but the sound is OK. I tried it last evening and it was recording fine but when I checked about 10 mins later, the screen was black again. I pressed Time Slip, the picture came back again and remained for the remainder of the recording time.

Thanks in anticipation.

2. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236
    This sounds like it could be the Sky box dropping its RGB output.

For some obscure reason pressing the TV button on the Sky remote has this effect, resulting in only composite video on the digibox TV scart!

3. Penryn

Penryn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I should have mentioned that I have tried two digiboxes, a Thomson and a Panasonic 30. I get the problem with both. What you say makes me wonder though, maybe it's the cable. I'll change it and see if it makes any difference

4. Penryn

Penryn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've just re-read your post and it's dawned on me what you are saying! I use the Sky remote to control the TV and AV2 on the TV is served by a Humax receiver. As the TV only has one RGB scart, of course I have to press TV on the Sky remote to enable me to view the Humax (composite) output on the TV.
    I shall be very surprised if you haven't found the solution.
    Very many thanks.

5. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Use the tv remote at all times, I have disabled the tv button on my digibox remote to stop this ever happening again.
    If you use the tv button to put the tv on standby and leave the recorder to do a timer recording you end up with the black screen