Panasonic DX902B Owners Thread Part 4

Yeah I moved my Plex use to the xbox when we picked up an Atmos soundbar back around xmas time, obviously no Atmos via the 902.

Also, I've been back in the parents house in Ireland for the last two weeks, the two TVs in the house are shocking - the main one is a Nordemende POS which I cannot describe how bad it is. . . .and also their infuriating habit of watching the non-HD versions of channel :/

I cannot wait to get back to my 902
The best thing about going away and only having access to a rubbish TV is when you get home the dx902 looks amazing and new again. And you start to appreciate it all over again

OMG I’ve come across someone who complained that HDR looked dark on their 58DX902. It turned out they use the Dynamic picture mode because they like their picture to pop. What a waste of one of the best TVs for HDR10 and HLG and colour accuracy. It also shows that a lot of people don’t understand what HDR is.

to save me scrolling through alot of pages ,has there been a update on the issues from panasonic ?

also if ever you get problems with your set- do not ever let panasonic make you use the repair guys to repair your set- mine has had two brand new screens and everytime its come back from the repair guy it has had a new problem that was not there before the repair- then i have had alot of issues trying to get it for a third time from both panasonid and the repair guys

also if you google reviews for the repair guys you will find some negative reviews saying the same thing as me

one person on one review said the repair guys had there set 6 times and it still is not right, they also don't get in contact when repair is done then make excuses when you phone them, quite alot of bad reviews on link below- so its not just a one off issue with them and they are supposed to be a authorised panasonic repair company-so if you do get issues and they tell you to copntact this company-what ever you do-don't use them if you want tv back to normal

also some of the staff are rude , they mess you around aswell and they also did not supply me with a loan tv like my warranty had in the terms- both times i had to go out of my way to richer sounds who loaned me a tv but i had to pay a deposit- i would not of minded but being disabled and having to go out my way to get a loan tv when one should of been supplied is not on.

:D As in these TVs rarely fail, but when they do the common fault is the power board.

Just heard back... it was the power board but unfortunately they are no longer available. Going through the Richer Sounds warranty process now to find a replacement. Out of interest, has anyone had this and can tell me (DM if you wish) what offer they got from Richers ?

Think I see a large OLED in my future....

to save me scrolling through alot of pages ,has there been a update on the issues from panasonic ?

also if ever you get problems with your set- do not ever let panasonic make you use the repair guys to repair your set- mine has had two brand new screens and everytime its come back from the repair guy it has had a new problem that was not there before the repair- then i have had alot of issues trying to get it for a third time from both panasonid and the repair guys

also if you google reviews for the repair guys you will find some negative reviews saying the same thing as me

one person on one review said the repair guys had there set 6 times and it still is not right, they also don't get in contact when repair is done then make excuses when you phone them, quite alot of bad reviews on link below- so its not just a one off issue with them and they are supposed to be a authorised panasonic repair company-so if you do get issues and they tell you to copntact this company-what ever you do-don't use them if you want tv back to normal

also some of the staff are rude , they mess you around aswell and they also did not supply me with a loan tv like my warranty had in the terms- both times i had to go out of my way to richer sounds who loaned me a tv but i had to pay a deposit- i would not of minded but being disabled and having to go out my way to get a loan tv when one should of been supplied is not on.

Hi there,

I was sorry to read on the thread that you have been having problems, could you drop me a PM with more information so that I can help resolve things?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Many thanks

Tom Griffiths
Head of Customer Service
Richer Sounds

the ones on the first page bud.
That's not going to help. I'm pretty sure folk won't offer advice if you can't be bothered to at least copy and paste the issues.

On updates to the tv in general Panasonic don't seem to support any.

Looks like y'all was right! Plugged my ub820 directly into the tv and what a difference! Actual shadows, not washed out, motion is 100% cleaner, no idea what the x2200 is doing but it's making a mess of the picture :/ sadly there is no bypass option in the hdmi video output mode - all i have is auto, movie and game. Looks like I'll have to wait till places start getting stock and replace it

The DMP-UB700 Blu-ray player is a great match for the DX902B and has twin HDMI outputs.
There is one on eBay listed as opened but not used:
eBay Panasonic DMP-UB700

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
There are new UB900s on eBay - starting around £900!

:/ just plugged the one x directly into the tv and that also looks amazing! Loads sharper, propper shadows and better motion

I've disabled HDMI control (Arc, passhtrough etc) on the receiver and it's looking better! Bit too sunny at the mo to really tell

Ok, that fixed it! What a difference, looks like the HDMI control setting in the HDMI amp settings (ARC, passthrough etc) was degrading the signal - even SDR sky looks sharper and cleaner!

premier league celebration GIF by Tomas Ferraro, Sports Editor

The time is nearing for me to have to replace the DX :(
Found a thunderfly in the screen last night while cleaning it, and I know it will “bug” me! :rotfl:
Question is, what do I go for that is even close to comparable (non OLED)? Stick with 65 or go 75 (I have a 1080p 120” projector, which to be honest gets more use than the DX anyway)

Really the only option that's similar to the DX is the Samsung QN90A range, but they are a bit pricey for what they are
Was looking at those last night. Didn’t think the price was too bad at the moment for the 65/75” (compared to what the DX cost me)
£1439/£2239 after 20% back at very

The 65DX902B was about £2400 so...

If its just 1 thunder fly will you even see it at normal seating distance? There was one in mine before the panel was replaced and I couldn't see it unless I was 6 inches from the screen

If its just 1 thunder fly will you even see it at normal seating distance? There was one in mine before the panel was replaced and I couldn't see it unless I was 6 inches from the screen
Now that I know it’s there, yes I can see it. I only sit around 3m away

Now that I know it’s there, yes I can see it. I only sit around 3m away
Must have been a big thunder fly 😂...... Mine covered around 4-5 pixels, my seating position was probably around 4.5metres though.
If you're lucky you can use a sucker/suction cup to pull that part of the screen away and it will drop down behind the bezel

Must have been a big thunder fly 😂...... Mine covered around 4-5 pixels, my seating position was probably around 4.5metres though.
If you're lucky you can use a sucker/suction cup to pull that part of the screen away and it will drop down behind the bezel
I'll give it a go! Cheers :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom