Panasonic DX902B Owners Thread Part 4

There's also a mode 1/mode 2 for the hdmi inputs on the Panasonic... can't remeber what I had to play around with to get it to work, but per eddy, he didn't have to do anything...

So I picked up a Matrix UHD rip. It's probably the first time I've had the chance to compare the VHS memory in my head to what we see now. This old TV still doesn't disappoint!

Attachments

• 20200724_235501.jpg
    20200724_235501.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 66
Anyone ready to sell your DX, please let me me know asap.

Always tempting but then do I want image retention issues instead of the odd bit of blooming? Nooooooo 🙀😄
Don’t worry about it, I game for several hours a day on my GZ950 and my FZ before that and never once had any retention issues.

Why are you after another one?

The one I have is broken thanks to the kid who visited my house. : This happened 17 days ago.

So after a replacement but couldn't find any on eBay or here as they all sold before I could blink.

The one I have is broken thanks to the kid who visited my house. : This happened 17 days ago.

So after a replacement but couldn't find any on eBay or here as they all sold before I could blink.
There's a 65 inch dx902 on ebay in Ilford, its up for over £1k though

So spoke to the wife and she has given the green signal for a 65 inch OLED. :) The kid has been disciplined and we will ensure there is no repeat of accidental damage.

Most likely buying the GZ1000 at Costco for £1700 including 5 years warranty.

So spoke to the wife and she has given the green signal for a 65 inch OLED. :) The kid has been disciplined and we will ensure there is no repeat of accidental damage.

Most likely buying the GZ1000 at Costco for £1700 including 5 years warranty.
Buy from JL and get the accidental insurance. I normally reccomend it for burn in, but in your case, moreso for accidents.

Buy from JL and get the accidental insurance. I normally reccomend it for burn in, but in your case, moreso for accidents.

Well I have owned an LG 65C8 OLED for close to 8 months. Hoping there are no more accidents.

This is not a good time to buy a TV as 2019 ones are almost gone and 2020 ones are up for sale at the usual high price.

I think £1700 for a 65GZ1000 is a decent price. Lowest ever price for a good 65 OLED I have seen is £1500.

If I find a DX for under £700 by Friday, I would happily cancel my Costco order.

Finally dumped the broken DX in the waste collection point near my area. Felt really bad. Anyone planning to sell theirs please give me a shout. The DX is one very special TV IMO.

The Panny 65GZ1000 is expected to be delivered Friday but somehow I don't have the excitement I had when I collected the DX.

Finally dumped the broken DX in the waste collection point near my area. Felt really bad. Anyone planning to sell theirs please give me a shout. The DX is one very special TV IMO.

The Panny 65GZ1000 is expected to be delivered Friday but somehow I don't have the excitement I had when I collected the DX.
Thinking about going to Oled next year, probably stay with Panasonic but definitely going 65inch this time.

You won’t regret it, I’ve had the latest and greatest Panasonic’s every 2 years or so since the plasma days and The FZ and GZ are the first TVs ive had that I have no issue with and no wants or needs. The only reason I got a GZ is through a warranty claim on an old CX802. Otherwise I would of stuck with the FZ until it died.
every other tv has had something that it can’t do, or it has an obvious drawback ie black levels or blooming etc.
as Iong as you get a clean panel with OLED out of the box you will be very satisfied. My FZ has some mild banding that isn’t noticeable in 99% or content and my GZ is flawless. I honestly can’t see where TVs can go now to keep me upgrading. I don’t need any brighter ( it blinds me when watching in a very low lit/ dark room) the black levels are perfect, gamma tracking is perfect, above black detail is amazing, colours are lifelike/accurate and vibrant, motion is fantastic. It’s actually boring, I like looking forward to the next improvement, it’s what makes being into A/V equipment fun.
will I buy some future tv comprising
of micro LED Or some other technology In the future? Yes of course I will, I’m an idiot, assuming it matches or beats OLED in every department, but I can honestly say if this was the pinnacle of display tech I would be happy, I don’t NEED anything extra.

I think its hard to be excited when you don't jump up a screen size.

You have to change your viewing mode via the Picture menu manually.
Can you help me? I am watching (through the on screen Netflix app on DX902b) and selecting HDR titles. However, I cannot tell if it’s actually playing HDR on the TV. How would I check? HDR set to on - am I missing something? Driving me crazy trying to get it right. Seen something about an upgrade but no idea how I get the file onto the TV! As you can tell I’m not too technical

Can you help me? I am watching (through the on screen Netflix app on DX902b) and selecting HDR titles. However, I cannot tell if it’s actually playing HDR on the TV. How would I check? HDR set to on - am I missing something? Driving me crazy trying to get it right. Seen something about an upgrade but no idea how I get the file onto the TV! As you can tell I’m not too technical
If you have the 4k netflix package then anything labelled hdr will automatically play on the dx902, no way of knowing when its in hdr though as you get no pop up to clarify, but I can tell the difference with my eyes.

If you have the 4k netflix package then anything labelled hdr will automatically play on the dx902, no way of knowing when its in hdr though as you get no pop up to clarify, but I can tell the difference with my eyes.
It does look good but I wanted a confirmation- but thanks. I followed the best set up for HDR but when I press ‘I’ it says doesn’t indicate HDR. Thought it would.

It does look good but I wanted a confirmation- but thanks. I followed the best set up for HDR but when I press ‘I’ it says doesn’t indicate HDR. Thought it would.
Sorry my English not good - when I press ‘I’ it says the bit rate and 2160 etc - but no indication of HDR

Sorry my English not good - when I press ‘I’ it says the bit rate and 2160 etc - but no indication of HDR
Another indication is that Backlight and Contrast get set to maximum and also you should see Rec.2020 Colour Remaster if you look at the Picture settings. This setting is while playing Lost in Space.

D3EF71C7-C7B3-4756-81EB-AFE5CF369BCD.jpeg

So it changes the picture mode and settings within that automatically? Thought you could only change that manually? I’m learning so thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom