Panasonic DX902B Owners Thread Part 4

Folks, anybody running a Xbox One X on their 902? Is it noisy?

I'm grasping at straws here but when HDR kicks in, mine starts to sound like a jet engine, could it be something related to the high nit output of the screen????

Yeah I would be expecting that but all I hear about is how silent the X is and mine is far from it when HDR kicks in. I'm just looking at alternative (albeit unlikely) variables
Have you tried cleaning the fans out at the back with a hoover? I never heard the fans on my dx902 with both an xbox one x or ps4 pro in hdr mode

Yup, this is the thing, everyone says the xbox is silent. Mine is in a cabinet on it's own, nothing blocking vents and it genuinely sounds like a plane departing after a few mins in a HDR game. It completely shut down during a game of Rocket League a few months ago. Anyway, thanks you've answered my question i.e. definitely not a an issue of pushing high nits

Yup, this is the thing, everyone says the xbox is silent. Mine is in a cabinet on it's own, nothing blocking vents and it genuinely sounds like a plane departing after a few mins in a HDR game. It completely shut down during a game of Rocket League a few months ago. Anyway, thanks you've answered my question i.e. definitely not a an issue of pushing hit nits
Is it still under warranty? I had a 4 week old ps4 pro die on me not long back playing gran turismo in hdr, i took it back for a full refund and then bought another pro.

It's a day one (non-scorpio) so I'd doubt it. It's been doing it ages. Ordinarily I'd argue my case with the retailer but I'm not that pushed tbh, for all the use it gets it'll live to the end of the year and then I'll upgrade it.

Sampled Disney+ via FireTV stick. Not bad at all. No motion issues / frame skips observed. I compared few of them against UHD.

I would say the UHD looked a smidgen better especially on low light scenes but not night and day.

Hi all, I have a question. If I connect my DX902B to a surround system that is non 4k, just regular HDMI inputs for 1080p,whats the best setup for best audio?

I'm not sure I understand the question.
Is it what's the best way to get audio from the TV to the surround system?
What surround system do you have?
What other sources are you using?
Sorry. So, I have a 4k firestick and a Ps4 coneected to the TV via HDMI. The sound system is Onkyo HTX-22HDX which I believe only has HDMI 1.4 inputs. It has one HDMI output and also optical. My question is how to connect up the sound system to the TV and receive optimal sound? My understanding is that if I connect things up via HDMI to the receiver, it'll reduce the 4k video to 1080p?
Hope that is understandable!

That's great.
Your best option (IMHO) is to connect the sources to the TV and either use ARC from the TV HDMI (which can be problematic) or optical to send the sound to the Onkyo. These won't give you the best audio though, but the best picture.
If the sound is really important then you should connect them to the Onkyo, but you'll limit the video to 1080p. You may not even get HDR, it depends on how the Onkyo handles the source and how the source treats the output to the Onkyo.

While we're on an audio question, has anybody got that expensive Samsung Q90 soundbar setup?

I know I've bored you all with audio queries before but I've yet to make a purchase. With my DX having to soon move to another side of the room, my under floor wiring will be of no use. This wireless 7.1.4 Samsung looks like it could be a very neat and tidy way to attain a considerable upgrade on my 12 year old 5.1 "system". I imagine for £1200 it would want to be the best thing since the wheel, right???

That's great.
Your best option (IMHO) is to connect the sources to the TV and either use ARC from the TV HDMI (which can be problematic) or optical to send the sound to the Onkyo. These won't give you the best audio though, but the best picture.
If the sound is really important then you should connect them to the Onkyo, but you'll limit the video to 1080p. You may not even get HDR, it depends on how the Onkyo handles the source and how the source treats the output to the Onkyo.
Thankyou. Would it still be true surround, just not lossless? Or would it be a stereo /fake surround? If I were to connect via optical. I definitely want 4k visuals. But with the best sound possible with this kit if that makes sense
😂

Thankyou. Would it still be true surround, just not lossless? Or would it be a stereo /fake surround? If I were to connect via optical. I definitely want 4k visuals. But with the best sound possible with this kit if that makes sense
😂
It should be able to do 5.1. I get 5.1 from the Freeview/Freesat tuners to my amp over optical. I've never really used the HDMI input for other sources though as they're all plugged into the amps.

It should be able to do 5.1. I get 5.1 from the Freeview/Freesat tuners to my amp over optical. I've never really used the HDMI input for other sources though as they're all plugged into the amps.
Great, so I leave everything connected to the TV via HDMI, then just connect the TV via optical to the onkyo. Cheers man

Great, so I leave everything connected to the TV via HDMI, then just connect the TV via optical to the onkyo. Cheers man

I tried this on mine (much older system) and had lip sync issues. Now everything is connected to TV by HDMI and to the "amp" by optical via optical splitter switcher - thankfully the Harmony remote is compatible with the splitter switcher too or else it would be a pain. So for clarity that's 3*HDMI and 3*optical. Hopefully yours works better.

Edit - I should state "switcher" instead of "splitter", I remember nearly falling into that trap when buying it.

Last edited:
I tried this on mine (much older system) and had lip sync issues. Now everything is connected to TV by HDMI and to the "amp" by optical via optical splitter - thankfully the Harmony remote is compatible with the splitter too or else it would be a pain. So for clarity that's 3*HDMI and 3*optical. Hopefully yours works better.
Thank you for this response. I guess I will try and if not just get a splitter too. To be honest it's mainly the firestick that runs everything we use, so hopefully that won't encounter issues.

I have picture quality issues, the picture distorts, with lines on the screen, and 'weak signal' is displayed on the screen when using my Humax HDR-110s, the picture quality is not as good as when watching TV normally on my DX902B. Any help appreciated, as this may have been answered before but I have been unable to find it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom