• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic Dx902 65" v LG b6v 55"

johny1980

Got it down to 2 now so getting close to pulling the plug but it's doing my head in going backwards and forwards!

Panasonic is bigger and an obvious advantage being 11 feet away.

For the lg...if it wasn't for the size difference I think I would enjoy the picture experience of oled, web os experience more along with future proofing of dv.

It's not gonna be the one deciding factor but there is £400 saving to.

The 65" LG is just out of reach :(

Final comments welcome

Dodgexander

At that distance 1080p is optimum for a 65" TV, not very much point going UHD at all. See:UHD vs FHD however they always say get the biggest size you can afford.

Apart from that, HDR is brighter on the Panasonic so will give you more of a wow with HDR content, but SDR content will be better on the OLED.

johny1980

Interesting

I do have means of viewing closer on a flexible basis via bean bag.

Anyway, a lot of what I watch will be SDR via sky q but then quite a bit via netflix/Amazon

A lot of the SDR in sky will be sport but from what I have picked up they are both good with football

Dodgexander

If you are mainly going to be watching SDR then the OLED is the obvious choice. If you planned on watching a lot of HDR content then it would be perhaps wiser to go for the Panasonic LCD but either way, HDR on the OLED is closer in quality to the Panasonic's than the Panasonics SDR performance is closer to the OLED.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom