Panasonic DX802B Owners Thread

Just got rid of my dx802b, gave it to my neighbour who is pleased with it. I replaced it with a xg9505 and the difference was pretty striking even the other half noticed how much better the Sony looks and no dse either which is great.

I'm toying with ditching mine too, for various reasons.
I know that it states in the manual that anything recorded to an external drive cannot be used on another device, but has anyone tested this? Wonder what format the recordings are stored in? There are a few things on the 2TB drive I've used for recordings that I would like to keep, although the umpteen recordings of Strictly and The Apprentice that other family members have recorded will not be missed.

Hi, picking up an old thread here. Had a DX802 since 2016 with no issues.
I hadn’t used any apps for about 6 months but wanted to watch the football on Amazon Prime last week. No apps are loading at all- help.

I have the latest software. I’ve factory re-set. I’ve unplugged for 30 mins.
The TV menu system works (Picture, sound etc)
It’s connected to the internet.
When I press ‘Apps’ or ‘Netflix’ on the remote, the led flashes on the tv but nothing happens, there is no menu appearing. I’ve tried a second remote with the same result. It looks like the Firefox software is not loading?

The TV isnt connected to a Freeview ariel these days and only connected by hdmi to a Sky Q box and an Apple TV.

Any help appreciated.

What about iPlayer, the most tricky of apps on this TV? Are you sure it's connected to the internet? Wifi or via ethernet? Can you see it's got an IP address from the router? Do you have any other devices that can stream content or access the internet, such as a Playstation?
When it goes wrong, this is such a frustrating TV.

What about iPlayer, the most tricky of apps on this TV? Are you sure it's connected to the internet? Wifi or via ethernet? Can you see it's got an IP address from the router? Do you have any other devices that can stream content or access the internet, such as a Playstation?
When it goes wrong, this is such a frustrating TV.
Thanks for the reply - it doesnt launch any apps - not even the app menu (or the circle short cuts). It tells me it’s connected to the internet (via wifi). All other devices work.
Its as if it doesnt run the smart tv software (firefox) at all.

I’ll check later for an ip address, ond from the other side if the router can see it.

TV connected to the internet and obtaining an IP address. Checks for an update - current.
Just does not seem to start the Smart TV software at all?
Any suggestions appreciated.

Have you tried a Master Reset ?

My soundbar has suddenly started making a popping sound

I've googled the model and there are none anywhere:

L0EYCJ000001​

I assume it's the soundbar not the TV causing the issue - when I use my surround sound system instead, that is fine.

Does anyone know where I can get one, or an alternative brand that will go into the socket on the TV? (None of my model listed on Pano's website)

Cheers techies :)

Paul.

I had a quick search and can't find anything either. If it was me, I'd take it apart and look for any loose wires or broken speaker cones. The latter can probably be replaced with a generic full range speaker for a few quid on eBay.

Just an update on mine.
Now rather than 'stuck' on HDMI 1 - which at least let me watch SKY Q or change the lead over for Apple TV, it has now defaulted to the looking for DVB page and wanting me to click 'OK' to search!

- there is no button on the remote or the side ones on the TV that will accept this simple 'OK' click!

The 'Menu' button is the only one that works and gives full access to changing picture, sound etc, even a factory reset - all to no avail to get beyond this setup screen.

Point of no return I think - shame still had a great picture up to last week, 'only' 5 years old.

I had a quick search and can't find anything either. If it was me, I'd take it apart and look for any loose wires or broken speaker cones. The latter can probably be replaced with a generic full range speaker for a few quid on eBay.

When I pulled the soundbar plug out of the TV input socket, it was actually quite hot. I wonder why it would be - these are not meant to heat up are they?

No, that sounds odd. I just checked mine (TV has been on for almost 2 hours) and it's cool to touch.

Does anyone know if it's possible to back up the external drive that is used to record TV? I've had a couple of 'funnies' with the 2Tb drive that is housed in a USB enclosure connected as the recording drive. So I'd like to clone it/back it up in case it's about to fail. Maybe just whip it out of the enclosure and use something like Easeus to clone it to another drive? Just not sure if the TV will recognise a new drive.

When I pulled the soundbar plug out of the TV input socket, it was actually quite hot. I wonder why it would be - these are not meant to heat up are they?
It sounds like something near the axial (TV input) socket is overheating and that heat is conducted to the axial socket.

Reviving this old thread. Our DX802 is ticking along still.

We recently have noticed that there is an issue with HDR content on Netflix not displaying properly. Basically it looks super muted, much like when you try to display a HDR movie on a non HDR PC screen. Amazon Prime seems to display absolutely fine with HDR content.

Annoyingly this TV worked fine with HDR Netflix on the past. I'm assuming Netflix have broken something. Netflix support have been useless, and Panasonic have said it's under Netflix's remit. Does anyone have any ideas?

In the meantime I'm thinking of picking up a 4K Fire Stick and see if their implementation works better.

Update: Currently using a Fire Stick 4K and the issue seems to have gone. Shame that the inbuilt app is not working correctly!

I'm guessing we won't see many updates even though this is still an excellent TV (albeit frustrating at times, as it's always been).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom