• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic DX802 Viera Link (HDMI CEC) Issues

SEast

Novice Member
Hello all

I have a Panasonic DX802 connected by HDMI to a Fire TV (box not stick) and a PS4. I have two notable issues with 'Viera Link':

1. The Fire TV can be fully controlled by the TV but it takes between 1 and 5 attempts to make this happen. I select Viera Link and then Player 2 (the Fire TV) and it always takes the Fire TV back to 'Home'. The controls on the TV do not operate the Fire TV - repeat the above a number of times (sometime once sometimes more) times and it will start working perfectly. It will then continue to work until the TV is turned off and on again or a different AV input is selected.

This is bugging me the most.

2. ...and I have seen posts on this but nothing recent. If I use Viera Link to start my PS4 it comes on and then immediately goes to sleep. If I start it using the PS remote it's fine. Not a major issue but (see 3) if I accidently start it via VL it will keep going to sleep for a few attempts of starting it any other way before it will stay on.

3. Is there any way to label the 'Player' list in Viera Link? I have three players Blu Ray, Fire TV, PS4 and I have to remember which is Player 1, Player 2 etc.

Thanks in advance!

Si

JayCee

Distinguished Member
You should be able to rename the AV inputs to something more memorable.
Just have a look through the setup menu for "AV Preset" or similar.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom