Panasonic DX600 (TX-55DX600B) Ultra HD 4K TV Review & Comments

Great review as ever. It seems Panasonic haven't kept the formula of the wonderful CX680B with it's replacement. A shame.

Out of interest, why are you using a peak white of 140 nits now? Weren't previous reviews (the ones I've read at least) aiming for peak white at 120 nits (or cd/m2)?

Cheers,

Paul

Scratch that, I can see Panasonic have a DX650 this year which I expect is the replacement for the CX680.

Last edited:
Great review as ever. It seems Panasonic haven't kept the formula of the wonderful CX680B with it's replacement. A shame.

Out of interest, why are you using a peak white of 140 nits now? Weren't previous reviews (the ones I've read at least) aiming for peak white at 120 nits (or cd/m2)?

Cheers,

Paul

Scratch that, I can see Panasonic have a DX650 this year which I expect is the replacement for the CX680.
Hi Paul

In this instance, I felt the panel needed more than 120 nits from a full screen white pattern as it didn't hold on to the contrast on mixed content that well. Also, there might be some effect to having been 'exposed' to HDR TVs these last few weeks!

Agreed its an average TV but where is it £999.99? It seems to be £849 and £799 in every retailer?

Cheers,

Paul

The new DX700 is the direct replacement for the CX680

Does this set suffer from the 50Hz bug? I have the 40DX700 and it is plagued with it (sudden spontaneous judder even when all processing is turned off). The only way to get rid of it is Game Mode but you can't select that when using the built-in tuner, catchup services or playing files.

If not I'll get it swapped out for a 40DX600. I don't care about HDR as it's badly implemented on the DX700 anyway. As I only want a 40" set, I'll still get a VA panel (probably the same one).

Does this set suffer from the 50Hz bug? I have the 40DX700 and it is plagued with it (sudden spontaneous judder even when all processing is turned off). The only way to get rid of it is Game Mode but you can't select that when using the built-in tuner, catchup services or playing files.

If not I'll get it swapped out for a 40DX600. I don't care about HDR as it's badly implemented on the DX700 anyway. As I only want a 40" set, I'll still get a VA panel (probably the same one).

According to the review on here of the DX-700 it has been fixed by a software update, be sure to update your TV.

Yes I've read that several times, and it annoys me because I'd read about the stuttering and the software fix before I bought the set, but I can tell you it's simply not true. I and several others have the latest software and our sets are plagued by this. I find it unwatchable (except with an external source in Game Mode).

There's also another bug. If you use a 1080i source with overscan off, you get a bright red line across the bottom of the screen. Game Mode forces overscan off, so you'd better have a 1080p setting on your box too!

I read that this model and the the 55dx650e are pretty similar, does the 650 could be considered slighlty better? Is it any good only for GAMING purpose?
Thanks!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom