1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic dvds-75 media

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by owl36, Oct 14, 2004.

1. owl36

owl36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently picked up a cheap panasonic dvds-75 for my panasonic LCD tv that works very well indeed.

However I was given a philips DVDR-70 machine recently that offers recording in DVD+R/RW.

Unfortunately the panasonic does not play DVD+RW/R (Maxell/JVC respectively) only DVD-RAM, DVD-RW/R

Websites suggest that the Panasonic can have DVD+RW playback capacity but on a specific variety of discs.

Has anyone had a problem with playing DVD+RW/R media on the Panasonic and do different media types make a difference.

Comments and firsthand experiences welcomed!!!

Thank you
    owl36

2. dogtanian38

dogtanian38
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For dvd media this site is very helpful:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDnameid=2658&Search=Search&#comments

if the link doesnt work try www.videohelp.com and search for s75 under dvd players. As far as i can tell you should not be having any problems. The philips DVDR-70 does not use a slighly off-standard format etc? And have you tried to play dvr+r burnt on a PC?

I can't specifically comment on dvd+r myself as i have never used it (sorry...) but i have burnt over 100 dvd-r's with no problems in playback. the only issue i have had is with svcd playback on cd-rw, but i imagine that may be due to poor quality blanks, and I have not investigated beyond the one attempt. Oh and I was annoyed my non-techy mate picked up a 575 with divx compatibility a while later....