Panasonic dvd

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rjm, Dec 26, 2000.

1. rjm

rjm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know of any hacks for the
    panasonic sc-pm08 .Or do I need to get it chipped .
    Cheers.

2. Colonial Marine

Colonial Marine
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I reckon you need a chip or an e mod. Ive not seen a Region hack available for any Panasonic machines.

Blame it on the fact that panasonic produce DVD's, because of this they (like Sony) dont have a simple region hack, it has to be a chip.

There are loads of sites who do mods. Ive used www.techtronics.com twice before.

Firsly on my old Philips 730 - I bought the chip for £35, it arrived in the post 2 days later & my mate who's an electronic engineer installed it. Never had a problem with it, gave it to the outlaws when I upgraded to my second player...

Factory chipped Panasonic RV60 - I am impressed, nice player, Ive not yet checked the macrovision disable though (which I believe is a problem on this player???)

Thus far I have had only good things to say about Techtronics.

------------------
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.....it's the only way to be sure.

3. Colonial Marine

Colonial Marine
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup techtronics have a multimod chip for your player.

However I wrote complte b***ocks about panasonic have e mods. I was thinking about pioneer. Sorry. Must have been hung over from crimbo.

------------------
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.....it's the only way to be sure.