Panasonic DVD XV10

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by agustin, Dec 27, 2004.

1. agustin

agustin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a Panasonic DVD XV10 2.5 years ago. Two weeks ago started to make a grindingsound when reading a disc, the sound stopped once the disc was moving.. Got lots of dvd's to watch over Xmas. Xmas day, the sound on the dvd went and it only reads in 1 colour, green. Still plays the film but without sound and with only one colour, not much fun. Is it serious ?, do I scrap it and buy one the cheap ones in the market for less than 100 GBP?
    Would like opinions before I take it to a service centre.

2. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Hi

Definately sounds like a DVD player problem but I'd go through the motions first and check the leads, player through a different TV and a selection of DVD's (I'm sure you've already done this).

Bearing in mind the price of the player when bought 2 years ago (circa £230) I would scrap the player and buy a new one unless the player is under extended warrenty.

You could pick up a Pioneer or Toshiba player for less than £90 which would offer better picture quality than the XV10.

You will probably find even a minor repair will cost £40+ due to labour costs. If any parts are required it'll be more.

Check out www.richersounds.co.uk or some of the other online retailers.

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/reviews/hccreviews/DVDPlayers/Panasonic/PanasonicDVD-XV10.php