Panasonic DVD-XV10 or DVD-XP50

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sboye, Jan 2, 2003.

1. sboye

sboye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking at buying a new DVD player and like the looks of the Panasonic DVD-XV10. But I also want one that has progressive scan. Then I tripped over a version that looks identical that is only available in the US called DVD-XP-50.

Info about DVD-XP-50

Does anyone know whether this means that the XV-10 for the European market is an older version and if we can expect a newer version later with progressive scan that macthes the feature set of the US version. :confused:

- Steven

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +284
    Hi Steven,

Check out www.jvb.nl for details on the XP-50. Their one can play PAL and NTSC and is a multi-region player. I've ordered a modded Pioneer 757 from them.

Steve

3. sboye

sboye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the link.

It looks like it only does progressive for NTSC and not for PAL. I am most concerned about progressive for PAL as I live in EU. I guess the NTSC progressive would be good for viewing region 1 DVD's - but I most often watch PAL DVD's. :(

I guess I either have to wait longer for a Panny PAL progressive in this slim line design (the wife likes the look of them).

- Steven