1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DVD-RV60 problem...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by IronMonkey, Nov 1, 2003.

1. IronMonkey

IronMonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there.

I'm having trouble with my Panasonic DVD-RV60. It's about 3 years old and has been modded so that I can play discs from all regions.

My problem is this:

It will play for about 40-50 minutes perfectly well, but after that time, if I try to go into the menus, the image on screen freezes and the disc stops. Then the player starts trying to read the disc and I can hear it spinning up and and stopping.

This carries on for a few minutes, until eventually the player give an "H05" error code. Anyone know what that means?

Sometimes, instead of giving the error code, the disc plays again, but then freezes again every minute or so, and each time I have to stop the disc, then play it again to carry on with the film.

This happens across all the DVDs I have tried (I have well over 200 DVDs, and a selection of about 30 don't want to work properly in the player, but work fine in my PC's DVD-ROM drive, which rules out faulty discs).

The fact that I am getting an error code points to a fault on the player. I'm just hoping it's a fault with the MPEG board and not the laser itself, otherwise I might as well throw it in the bin and buy a brand new player for around the same price as the repair.

So has anyone else experienced an "H05" error? Does anyone know what it means?

Thanks.

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,208
    No - but I had similar symptoms on my old laptop DVD-ROM drive, i.e. the disk would play OK for a bit and then start stopping and starting etc. Symptoms started to appear after around 18 months and it slowly got worse and worse and worse until nothing played properly. Got very close to throwing it out the window but then tried a DVD lense cleaner on it. For example:
    http://www.blackstar.co.uk/accessories/item/5000000001014

Couldn't believe the difference - it went from being completely knackered to perfect working order in a few seconds. Might be worth £10 just to try anyway...

3. IronMonkey

IronMonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, but I forgot to mention I've already used a lens cleaner on it about 20 times, and it doesn't make a difference at all.

Any one else got any ideas?

4. IronMonkey

IronMonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody?