1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DVD-RV32 seems to be losing settings

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mwhorley, Jan 16, 2003.

1. mwhorley

mwhorley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Folks,

Here's a strange one. I'm setting up a new RV32 player for a friend connecting it to AV1 (RGB) on his Panasonic TX-28PK3 with a monster gold scart.
    When the player is first switched on it seems to default to svideo output thus giving a black & white image on the TV. If I go into the setup menu I can change the output to RGB and immediately a sharp colour image appears and the the TV shows AV1/RGB in the top left.

So everything is fine until the player is switched off and on again when I find i'm back to square one ie the DVD player is outputting svideo again and I have a Black & White picture.

Surely there is a fault here as I can't be expected to repeat this process everytime I use the player. Any other setup changes ie 4:3 to 16:9 are retained on power off.

Any ideas what the hell is going on here ?...is there any way the TV could be causing this to happen ?

Any help greatly appreciated before I have to lug the player back to Comet.

If he had any sense he'd have bought a Tosh sd220 ! ;)

Cheers,
    Mike.

2. pastie

pastie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try AV2 .......alternativly try Panasonix help via e-mail......not by phone as u sem to get different answer every time ....lol. :eek: