1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DVD Recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Paul W, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Paul W

Paul W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody know if there is software available (either commercial or shareware) that will allow me to use my home PC to copy a program from a DVD-Ram disk recorded with my Panasonic DVD recorder and include it on another disk.

I have several programs I would like to keep which are on different disks. I would like to combine them on the one DVD-Ram disk.

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,261
    Several programmes from Ulead will allow you to author in VR mode and thus allow you to add programmes to DVD-RAM. However you'd probably be better just converting your DVD-RAM recordings to (compatible) Video mode and then burning to a DVD-RW or DVD-R which will play on most DVD players. Checkout the 'DVD-RAM to DVD-R conversion' guide in my signature!

3. Paul W

Paul W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for your help. I have just completed your 2nd suggestion and written the stuff I want to saVe to DVD-R. I would like to compliment you on your level of detail and clear instructions. :clap:

Would you expect any loss in data quality when using TMPG Encoder Author? ie is there a loss in the conversion algorithm between VRO and mpeg? :lesson:

One of programs I copied came across looking very grainy. I suspect the original may have been recorded in "EP" mode (6hrs for 4.7Gb) so I guess this would account for it. :hiya:

rgds
    Paul W