• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic dvd recorder/Tv Viera Link

tonyq

Standard Member
Having just bought a “Panasonic TX-32LXD700” (TV) which is connected to my dvd recorder “Panasonic DMREX85” by means of scart cables,I assumed I would be able to use the “VIERA Link” which enables me to use the basic operations of the dvd recorder on the tv remote which I seem unable to do. When I use Viera link on the remote the following appears on screen “Feature not available” I have the feature set to ON in the TV set up. Does this feature only work when connected using HDMI cables or am I missing something?

littlebrooklyn

Established Member
Having just bought a “Panasonic TX-32LXD700” (TV) which is connected to my dvd recorder “Panasonic DMREX85” by means of scart cables,I assumed I would be able to use the “VIERA Link” which enables me to use the basic operations of the dvd recorder on the tv remote which I seem unable to do. When I use Viera link on the remote the following appears on screen “Feature not available” I have the feature set to ON in the TV set up. Does this feature only work when connected using HDMI cables or am I missing something?

Have you looked in the manual to see what it says? I know there is quite a lot about the Viera Link in the manuals for both the TV and the DVD recorder. I also have a Panasonic TV and Panasonic DVD recorder and the Viera Link works fine, although I do have an HDMI cable from the DVD recorder.

Lyn

Gavtech

Administrator
Does this feature only work when connected using HDMI cables or am I missing something?

Yes - It is only available across HDMI... plus the EX85 does not support Viera link.

Q link is an option for you... and that can be used across scart connections.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom