Panasonic DVD Recorder problem - No colour

tricia6256

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a Panasonic DVD recorder Model DMR-EZ25EB and recently I can only view discs in black and white - can't get colour!! Can anyone advise please?

Welcome to the forum.

Importantly - is it ONLY when playing discs that you get black and white?

Do you get colour when viewing the units tuner output or is that Black and white too?

Thanks for your prompt reply. All discs and SD card are now in black and white for some reason! Not sure what you mean by "when viewing unit's tuner output"? I only use DVD recorder to view photos and watch DVDs.

Hello and welcome to the forum

Is it connected to your TV via a SCART lead? Is it a Panasonic TV by any chance? Have you inadvertently put the TV into "S" VHS/Video mode?

Last edited:
Did that work then Tricia?

Did you explain how to change from "S" VHS Video mode? Have I missed your reply? DVD is connected via SCART to a Panasonic TV.

How do you manually select between the different inputs on your tv? Via a list on the top right of your tv screen, or by pressing the appropriate coloured button? Which AV Input is the DVD connected too AV1, AV2

By pressing the coloured button. I think the AV input connection is AV2.

Ok, so what might have happened is that the Green button may have been pressed too many times so that when you are on the DVD Input it says AV2S on the top left of your screen. To return to normal AV2, press the green button on your controller 2 times fairly quickly and hopefully this will bring colour back into your life :)

Can't seem to be able to get AV2S on my screen? Just get AV3, Component, etc. I find this DVD player very complicated! Thanks for your help though.

No problem, we'll get there. If you get a DVD playing so that you get the black and white picture, when you then press one of the coloured buttons on your tv controller, what letters come up on the top left of your tv sceen?

Sorry abt delay in getting back to you. Problem solved!! by pressing green button twice quickly I am back on colour. Many thanks for your help, couldn't have done it without you.

Sorry abt delay in getting back to you. Problem solved!! by pressing green button twice quickly I am back on colour. Many thanks for your help, couldn't have done it without you.

You're welcome. Glad it worked :)

Can you help with my Panasonic DVD dmr ex77? When playing DVD or recorded programmes the screen is a dark pink

Shunhook

Have you checked/replaced the scart lead?

Yes, but only by ensuring it was fully home. I will change the lead. I ought to mention that I did a reset a while ago because the menu system stopped working. Problems with screen colour date from then

Last edited by a moderator:
I ought to mention that I did a reset a while ago because the menu system stopped working. Problems with screen colour date from then

In that case ensure AV1 video out is set to RGB...or if your Tv has an HDMI input use the HDMI out from the DVDR instead of scart.

I seem to have fixed it! I went to set up, connection, av1 output and found I was on RGB2 without component. I changed that, without knowing why, to video with component. All was well. Thanks for your guidance.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom