panasonic dvd recorder not picking sky up

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by moghm, Aug 31, 2005.

1. moghm

moghm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello,

Getting a few issues. The other night I set the my panasonic dvd recorder to record from sci fi left the sky box on and I have recorder from sky previously. On this occasion I just got 2 hours of audio and no picture. Now on some occasions when I have set the channel on the DVD recorder to AV2 I have noticed that I get sound but no picture. Sometimes it is ok, i.e. the picture from the sky box is displayed on AV2 channel of the dvd recorder.

Basically, the problem I am having is that sometimes the AV2 channel on the DVD recorder cannot pick the channel being broadcast from the sky box.

Is this like a scart lead problem or something ?

thanks for your help.

2. mentsugi

mentsugi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    It may be if you have set the Sky box to RGB output to the Panny DVDR that pressing the 'TV' button on the Sky remote switches the signal from the Sky box to composite video which the Panny you have does not recognise as it is looking for RGB signal. Hence sound but no picture!

The new Panny DVDR's have a selection RGB+Video for line in which gets over this issue.

3. marklfc77

marklfc77
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have only had my DMRES10 for a few days and havent recorded many progs yet but the first time I used the timer I had exactly the same problem black picture and sound. I had set the sky to autoview a prog and set the timer to record AV2 it recorded the program sound with a black screen, I tried again in the morn did exactly the same thing with the same result, so I left sky on and set the timer it was ok. I read in the manual about recording from sky and using the external link button, so I tried a test set the sky to autoview a prog and it seemed to work ok.
    Is this a problem with Panasonics is it a case if hit and miss when recording fron sky

4. moghm

moghm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Interesting. I have skylink and I remember that I carried out the following in the upstairs bedroom:-

* pressed the TV button on the second sky remote, this is the one that operates the skylink.
    * Then pressed power on the skyremote to turn the tv off. Making sure the sky box would not be turned off downstairs.

Could this have set the signal from RGB to composite video ? If this is the case then the only thing I can do is to turn the tv off manually. Or turn the TV off using the sky remote and press the sky button on the remote again ?

Also, how can i get the ext link to work. If i understand correctly, that means that I could have the sky box off and the DVD recorder would turn it on ?

Is that correct ? Thanks for all the help.