• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic DVD recorder DMR-ES10 - recording via HDMI

jlamedia

Novice Member
Hi all, I'm a bit stuck and would appreciate your help.

I have a Panasonic DMR-ES10 dvd recorder plugged into my tv, and into my tv I have plugged an HD cam via HMDI. I can get the HDMI to play on screen, but cannot get the DVD recorder to pick it up, despite having tried a few different configs.

Any ideas? :blush:

You cannot record through an HDMI output, Period. You'll have to use some other analogue output on the HD camera to send it to the recorder. The recording will be SD on your DMR-ES10 however. You cannot record HD between platforms.

Rob

StevieBuck

Due to the copy protection scheme used by HDMI, you won't find any standard equipment that can record direct from an HDMI source.

Without knowing the model number of your camcorder, I'd guess that you will probably have to resort to using it's composite video output to send video to the camcorder. The video quality will be reduced significantly from the original recordings if you do this though.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom