1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DVD-RAM drives

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by sidefall, Feb 8, 2005.

1. sidefall

sidefall
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

I want to get a Panasonic DVD-RAM drive to put in my PC to go with my E95 HDD recorder, and also to use for data backups etc. Having had an HDD crash last year, the idea of secure storage on a caddied DVD-RAM is rather appealing. The current model is the SW-9573.

They seem very hard to find, and are considerably dearer than other DVD drives, even top-quality ones like Plextor. The only UK suppliers seem to be Span and ImageStore, and they only do OEM versions.

I remember that Panasonic did retail versions of the earlier models which included some basic video editing/DVD authoring software. Does anyone know if these are still available?

Are there any issues with the OEM drives? Do they include Windows 2000 drivers?

Thanks,

Dave

Edit: another question - does anyone other than Panasonic make cartridge DVD-RAM drives? Me thinks not.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Panasonic branded media is i think TDK rebranded LG make a super dive with RAM support in fact everything support and i think there is a retail box option