Panasonic DVD-R75 Poor Picture Quality

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by gilesme, May 7, 2007.

1. gilesme

gilesme
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    (also posted in LCD panel region - please forgive double-post, not sure which is the problem !)

Hello,

I have a Loewe A26 LCD - borrowed a Panasonic DVD-R (EX75 model) to see what picture quality was like.

Linked via QED Qnex HDMI.

Picture quality was pretty poor off-air, using the Panasonic tuner. Ghosting around images etc. Checked signal strength - 10/10, although quality was not "full".

Then played Shrek2 via HDMI - again, pretty poor quality. Reseated the cable, slight improvement, but nothing special.

Linked via (cheap) Scart - PQ improved - i.e. softer, with less blurring / shimmering.

Set tha Panasonic to output at "automatic".

Any ideas what's wrong ?

:lease:

2. slowgo

slowgo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried connecting the EX-75 to a couple of Samsung TVs via HDMI but neither gave satisfactory results. On the first the picture would flicker every few seconds and the second was plagued by snowy lines. The picture was fine on the Scart connection though.

I couldn't find any settings on either the TVs or the Panasonic that gave any improvement. Perhaps the HDMI output of the Panasonic just isn't very good. :confused: