Panasonic DVD players region free hack now available

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by Incure, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fazza79

fazza79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have a hack for the Panasonic SC-HT535?

DivX subtitles are very small and there are no support for mp3 on DVD's. :(

Any solution? :)

10x! :)

2. Olaup

Olaup
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Panasonic hack disc to be used on an IR enabled laptop is now on its way to Chachi . Hopefully it will be freely available to download on site soon .

3. mkjustuk

mkjustuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Me too, anyone know how to do an 855 with a pronto?

4. chachi

chachi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've successfully taken the disc and made a bootable CD ISO image ... anyone wanting it drop me a PM for a link

5. ksharma5

ksharma5
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm having great difficulty with the region free hack from Virus on my DMR-EX85 DVD recorder.

Firstly, I cannot determine which version of firmware I have - reading the website it mentions that you can press 7 on the remote and at the same time PAUSE + OPEN/CLOSE on the player. This player does not have a pause button on the front panel so I cannot try this. I have also tried the alternative method of checking the firmware (by going to setup, then to the tab display and press function) but pressing function brings me back to the main screen.

Secondly, I have tried the RCE method of installing the application on various PocketPC devices and loading the CCF but I have had no luck in getting the codes to work. The application seems to freeze up completely after pressing any button.

Please can anyone advise me what to do ?

Thanks

6. borland

borland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    The firmware does not matter. I've used PSP IR hack on my EX-95 without any probs. I've not even checked the firmware.

7. mikejc

mikejc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an older portable LS5. I've scanned all these posts and cannot find if there is a region free hack you can perform with it's own remote. If there isn't no big deal but it would be nice. Anyone know if there is or can it only be done with another device?

m

8. wumpu5

wumpu5
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I've just got back from a friend's house, having managed to get his dmr-ez45v reading multi-region using the methods described above.

I originally tried using the one-for-all remote (the Argos 15 day return policy comes in very handy!) but couldn't complete it because not all of the specified keys are there on either the Panasonic remote or the one-for-all.

I ended up using a laptop with IrDA port and the Winsamp software, all downloaded from the sites specified in the other posts on this thread.

Worked first time, and was seen to be working OK on both region1 and region2 disks, although we've not had proper chance to test it thoroughly.

Hope this helps

Wumpus

9. Incure

Incure

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No you did not, if you did you could easily find that it is impossible for Panasonic devices to make them region free with the standard remote. That's why many people spend a lot of time and work to find alternative way's and currently there a 8 ways known to do this (you can view them here). Your type was also mentioned in this thread (but oh, you probally have read this already) that it is supported with the current region free hacks.

One last note in general, I (and a lot of others) spended a lot of time to make the Panasonic region free hacks known and provided accurate up to date info. Why can't people who just can use this info do the same and spend a little time into reading wich took others loads of time to create? It seems like a certain group of people want to get in front of the line immediatly and opening new topics with questions already answered. For those people, please read before you post! It is getting reallly demotivating to other people who are submitting and publishing info and what it seems like others are doing nothing (ignoring) with it. I ask myself, why keep going with it...

10. BIO

BIO
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  11. chachi

chachi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  12. mikejc

mikejc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I said I "scanned" which means I did not claim that I read them all in great detail so you don't have to tell me what I did and didn't do.
    I was asking if I interpreted all this highly technical and confusing information correctly and sifted the small details (from many) relevent to me. Which you've confirmed I have. I am not stupid and I have 2.1 degree.

I don't need to be patronized or treated aggressively like this.

If I've discraced you and your efforts then delete my status. I'm obviously not worthy enough to part of this forum.

13. Hackeroonie

Hackeroonie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Bio

The Firmware is...SORRY WAS Freely available on this this thread and the Different Methods of applying the Firmware can also be found on this Thread ...Read all the Posts

The Item you have found is Nothing to Do with Firmware it is a One Use Remote Control sendng a Set of Codes to Make your Player Region Free.

Those Codes and the Methods of applying them are also freely available on this Thread

Hackeroonie

14. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,540
    I have given you a warning point in our infraction system. It may be frustrating when newbies are too lazy to search rather than post, but there is no excuse for being rude to them.

15. BIO

BIO
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hackeronie: Could you update your post with the links?

While I appreciate I should read 'all' the posts I did however search for '855 hack' '855 region' '855 code' and got no clear info on
    a) Is it actually possable to unlock the SC HT855?
    b) A method of doing so with this model

Granted that everyone wants the quick fix but I read through the first 5 pages of posts after my search to no avail and considering the is a poster just above me asking about the 855 also then it should be clear that the clarity of the matter is cleary not clear :)

Flames belong to fires people.

16. Hackeroonie

Hackeroonie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    http://www.dcevolution.net/panasonic/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=32&Itemid=54

Bio

All the Options are...on the Above Page

This Comment is From Forum Member Eoinf on Post #31
    Therefore you Player is Hackable using the Codes

You might want to Read Posts #36 & #37 as well

One thing I will also point out is if You can Purchase a One Use Remote for your Player then the Codes will work....as they are Basically the Same Codes

As with all Hacks use at your own Risk

Hope this helps

Hackeroonie

17. ppp65

ppp65
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just to add my thanks to all those that took the time to work out the Panasonic hacks :clap:

Have just multiregioned my DMR-EX75 using the CCF provided via my Pronto. Worked first time.

As mentioned by another poster you do get a message about the player not being in the right mode when you try to play an NTSC disk. This has to be changed in the Menu options and then changed back to PAL afterwards to watch Freeview.

I'll now be watching my new R3 DTS Silent Hill disk tomorrow night :D

18. Incure

Incure

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks! I answered his question and pointed what to do. The critism I posted was in general, not specific towards mikejc. I also get many emails and private messages (wich I even do answer) asking what is already mentioned in this thread or on the site. I thought to post my feelings on this, in the hope to do something about it and newbies can take it in considiration.

But instead I get a warning point for this, from Stuart Wright, who still says in in this sticky thread:
    Instead of updating the thread, it was rather better to get on the messenger. Shall it have to do with www.multiregionupdates.com who is one of the site sponsors?

You obviously don't want me here so I decided me that is really not worth my time and energy anymore providing these free service. This is my last post here and I will delete all the general region free info from my site asap.

Greets,

Martin.

19. Hackeroonie

Hackeroonie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Martin (Incure)

Gutted !!

I am sorry you feel this way ...As those of us that use this forum rather than Run it will miss your Contributions immensely.

Although I can fully Understand your Reasons ...Your Removal of your Site access is a great Loss to all us DVD Hackers

And I hope Membership of Your Site will Be Available sometime in the Future

Good Luck in Your Continued Panasonic Hacking Efforts

And Thanks for all your Efforts in the Past some of Us really do appreciate it.

Hackeroonie

20. Paul_Maddocks

Paul_Maddocks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7

I would like to second this. I have a DMR-ES15 and have only just looked into making it region free - how gutted am I that I didn't do it yesterday!

From reading through the post it looks like you have been really helpful in providing info and a resources to all of the Panny DVD player owners.

I can only hope that your site will provide some form of membership so I can sign up and access these resources.

21. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Hi, does anybody know if it is possible to program the magic codes via a phillips ru880/00 remote?
    Thanks.

22. BIO

BIO
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Argh!!!!!:eek:

I bookmarked the site so I could try hacking my 855 when it arrives and now its gone. Please don't punish us innocents for the warning.
    Please Please allow us to view your site.

Biorn

Ireland

23. Incure

Incure

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well putting that page offline got me even more mails than I got when it was online. Thanks to all the people here and everything who mailed me, being supportive on the subject.

It is not my style to say something and afterwards to don't do it, but getting so much responses and advice I decided to put the region free info page back up.

However a little disclaimer first: I won't spend time anymore on updating the region free page and I will redirect all question to this topic here from now on. As this is really my last post here now, you may contact me at [email protected] to correct faultive info on the page or inform of important new info. Not for questions!

Click here for the region free information page

Good luck in making your Panasonic or Technics region free for free now!

Goodbye,

Martin.

24. Paul_Maddocks

Paul_Maddocks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi,

Thank you so much for reconsidering your decision. I hope that the many people on here who have been able to region free their players will be able to support those who have issues.

Keep up the good work!!

Cheers

25. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Any body got this to work on a DMR-EX85, just bought a one4all especially, and when playing a dvd the player responds to my magic programmed audio button (changes audio track) so i know this is correct but it doesn't do anything with my magic programmed subtitle button (ie doesn't turn subs on or change language when on etc)
    also i'm not sure if it is responding to the service button correctly, everything seems to go fine, ie picture freezes and goes liney then when i enter 8 1 it changes to channel 81 (arrrghhh)
    any help greatly appreciated.

26. juventus

juventus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Great site and info!

I have been trying to get a Pana S31A region free for over a year. I stopped trying until I came across this site. Now with the recent (summer 2006?)code breaking efforts for other S-x models I tried the palm and omni remote method to apply the new code. It didn't work and I got an Ft02 error code - which I can recover from and reset. The Ft02 occurs right at the point when the 5th command is sent (the 00F2).

Any suggestions??

Thanks.

27. juventus

juventus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    An update: the omni remote method worked! But not as planned or as per the instructions given...some variations were required....

I tried the omni remote method dozens of times, each time getting Ft02. I tried a few different steps and got it to go. I only did this one time and I retraced my steps after as best as I could. Here's what I did:

After the last Ft02, I reset the player (hold stop+back skip+open/close for 3 seconds). When the display showed "Init" I ran the hack code sequence with my palm and omniremote program. My palm gave me a fatal error and the dvd player went to ft02.

I turned off the dvd player for 5 seconds or so then turned it back on. I reset my palm.

I re-ran the omniremote code sequence with my palm and voila' - the LCD display cycled with the word "close" and some dots etc. (NOT Ft02!) and then re-initialized showing "no disc".

I inserted a region 2 disc (i'm in Canada) and it played - I did NOT get the "not in region error" that I would get previously.

BUT here's my problem now.....the video is "scrambled", audio is fine. I think the S31A can play PAL discs BUT it needs a PAL TV. I have NTSC....am I any farther??

Does anyone know if I can play PAL discs on the S31A on an NTSC TV?
    Thanks. Hope this info helps someone....

28. damir_kokic

damir_kokic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I just bought PANASONIC DVD PLAYER S42.

I don't understand much about DIGITAL TEHNICS and my engilsh is very poor. Sorry I didnot read much this topic.
    But can somebody answer me simple on following questions:

1. How I can make it REGION FREE?

2. Can I UPDATE Firmware for this DVD player?

thanks for help
    Damir

29. spooney

spooney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +204
  30. Teeps

Teeps
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wanted to say I used this hack on my recently (yesterday) purchased Panasonic Blu-Ray player (DMP-BD10) and it worked at opening up all regions for DVD. Don't know if it will allow me to play anything other than Region B Blu-Ray discs though but I will find out soon as I will get some discs from the USA :)
    Thanks for making the hack available :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.