Panasonic DVD players region free hack now available

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by Incure, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjw

sjw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    Is that an actual model number or the chipset used? My recorder is the EH60D. Could the firmware be modded using that file? Burn to CD etc..??.. (already made MR using PSP). shame I can't access rapidshare files though. Many ISP's proxies are seen as already having downloaded the file too many times and can't get them.. :(
    Thanks..

2. dazap

dazap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    can someone please tell me if there is 1 for the pany s29:thumbsup:

3. Hackeroonie

Hackeroonie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Dazap

Read the Threads ...it says on thread #54

also on thread #73 it says this
    and this on the same thread #73
    So after reading all this what have you got to lose?...it will either work ..or not ...you will probably wait more time for an accurate answer to your question...try it you will soon find out if it works ...if not you are no worse off than now....although I suspect it will work.

Hackeroonie

4. Droid

Droid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    For those of you wanting to know about the DMR-EX75:
    I have just tried the ccf file on my pronto remote and I am now watching Star Wars III R1 on my UK R2 machine! Fantastic!

Just to be clear: this is the "Panasonic ccf region hack" available at www.dcevolution.net.

I checked the disc tray was empty, closed it, selected DVD mode.
    Then I put the pronto on the floor about 2 feet from the player, pressed the RCE button and stood back. the process took about 20 seconds.

When first playing a R1 disc, the player warns that it is in the wrong mode ie. PAL. It is necessary to go into the setup menu and select NTSC before playing the dvd.
    When going back to view PAL discs or live tv, the picture is the wrong colour until you go back & select PAL mode.

5. sjw

sjw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    Seems strange - don't know why you need to change the display. Do you need to do that for other NTSC (R0) discs? Or maybe you don't have any.
    Anyone know about the firmware usage on Recorders? Hackeroonie, assume your post was not aimed at me - mine is already MR. Looking at the macro etc. bits..

6. Hackeroonie

Hackeroonie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    SJW

Well Presumed :) :thumbsup: ...as My post does start like this

Regards

Hackeroonie

7. Lewie

Lewie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +906
    Just Multi-regioned my DMR Es10 with a Plam VX and Omniremote 2.02.
    Thanks to crocodile for the Palm.:thumbsup:

8. germ0815

germ0815

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any news on region hacking a SA-HT855 yet?

9. Gary Parson

Gary Parson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I'm trying to try the hack with my Nokia 6600. I've got Total IR Remote and have put the ccf file on my phone. When I select the .ccf file it starts up Ir Remote and says that it'll take a while to load. It doesn't but then it leaves me on a screen with the heading 'Select Device' and (no data) in the middle.

Now what? 'Options' just gives me the option to go 'back'?

10. macklij

macklij

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Just to re-confirm the Pocket PC hack works on the DMR-EX85.

Thanks to all those who worked so hard on making such an easy to use upgrade :)

11. vedi7

vedi7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It worked flawlessly

I just made my region 1 Panasonic S35 region free by following your instructions for sending the generic Panasonic region free IR code with a Palm. I used SONY Clie PDA, installed OmniRemote ver 2.0 (from Cnet’s Download.com: www.download.com/OmniRemote/3000-2363_4-10157153.html?tag=lst-0-1) because I couldn’t load database with the older 1.171 version available for free on the provided link (www.pacificneotek.com/omnisw.htm)
    I opted for Method:2 (Using a OmniRemote PDB file), as I wanted to avoid repeated button pressing, not knowing how long to pause in between - so I went for macro (“Sequence”).

Many thanks to Virus, Tom, Lorenz and Martin

Vedi

12. Incure

Incure

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This method was not tested and it could be very good possible that it just won't work. Try one of the other methods, if I get more reports of IrRemote not working with the .ccf file I will remove the info from the page.

13. Daitenzin

Daitenzin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can confirm it for DMR-EZ45V

Thanks!

14. Ohblimeykenneth

Ohblimeykenneth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,I've completed the RCE proof hack for a Panasonic s42, region 2(at least I think I have) and I was able to check it with "The Horse Whisperer" R1.(not my dvd I should add) It played okay but there was a white dotted moving line at the top of the screen and another line at the bottom.Region 2 is still fine.Is this normal,have I done it incorrectly or is there some other explanation? Any ideas?

15. Gefferz

Gefferz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the great tips. Just to add my 2p about the E85. I've just used the remote hack, using a oneforall handset to get the special keys. There's a question asked a few times - what if I don't have a subtitle key - took a while to find the answer! - and the answer is it's key 00129 after magic on the Oneforall. Also the >10 key is Input_Select (not so obvious). If you don't have "audio" (I thought I didn't for a while then found it on the bottom) use magic key 00155. My magic codes seem to need to be 5 digit.

So the sequence for Pan E85, and I suspect others, is

Enter 6 InputSelect << (rewind not back step!) magic-00143 (Service) Audio (or 00155) '8' '1' Magic-00129 (Subtitle) '4' - for the region free thing.

or

Enter 6 InputSelect << (rewind not back step!) magic-00143 (Service) Audio (or 00155) '8' '1'-'9' (region required) Magic-00129 (Subtitle) '1' - for a specific region. I did this all at a leisurely pace with DVD selected and No Disc showing. After the last code, the machine rebooted.

This is all pretty much as has been said, just wanted to make the point about the codes for OneForAll for 0490 panasonic devices. I always regretted buying the OneForAll, which I purchased for a video recorder that had no remote, but it's come in useful at last.

16. kakistoc

kakistoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a thak you to Virus and others for the hack. It worked a treat on the DMR-EX75. Only one problem: I tried it first using a WM2005 device with an iscale processor (the XDA exec/I-mate Jasjar/Qtek 9000). The TV remote controller software didn't work, crashing the PDA. In the end I used an old Ipaq 3970 running PPC2003 which worked fine first time. Worth noting.

kks

17. borland

borland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    dmr-ex95v is DIVX cpapable but this has been disabled on the UK model. Do you know any way to upgrade as I can suspect this was disabled through the firmware? or I am wrong?

18. Christus

Christus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tried to unlock a panasonic s-35 with a symbian mobile phone using the instructions on dcevolution.net.

First of all, the "total" version of irremote should be used and not the basic irremote.

Secondly, it seems that the trial version of total irremote will not allow you to import the ccf file as an error message is displayed "you are using the trial version of irremote"

Has anyone succeeded in unlocking a panasonic dvd player using a symbian mobile phone handset and the instructions from dcevolution ?

Any would be much appreciated

Other than that, it is great to use your mobile as a remote to control your dvd player ....

19. xdp73

xdp73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks to all here. I have successfully unlocked my region 2 DMR EX75EB using an IBM Thinkpad Laptop via infra red as described earlier in the thread. It went first go with no problems at all.

20. Incure

Incure

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've updated the Panasonic region free page again, with info from this thread. Thank you all for your feedback and please keep posting your model and wich method you used, if you succefully got your player region free. I'm working on a chart wich lists succefully hacked models, so other users with the same model know for sure they can hack a certain model.

21. DennisPersson

DennisPersson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any news about the HT855 firmware upgrade? dcrevolution.net have firmware upgrades for most of the models including ht885 but nothing about ht855.
    Regards
    Dennis

22. Olaup

Olaup
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I've just tried the hack using an old Hewlett Packard laptop with IR port on a Panasonic DMRES20 dvd recorder , 20 secs later its a multi-region player !

Well done & thank you for sharing the information , much obliged .:clap:

23. Olaup

Olaup
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I've made a boot disk with the necessary data on that would enable anyone with a laptop that has an IR port to hack their Panasonic . If anyone wants it send a PM , its free to share out .

24. 7up4it

7up4it

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    Hi,

I would like this information please, sending PM now.

Cheers

7up4it

25. Olaup

Olaup
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23

In answer to this PM I've made a floppy disc that will hack the Panny , unfortunately I only have one copy so when its sent out to a fellow member I'm asking them to forward it on to the next member free of charge . My PC doesn't have a floppy drive anymore , if another member has one on his PC & can make copies then it might be best to send it too them to copy up individually .

26. chachi

chachi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If someone sends me the floppy I can turn it into either a "floppy image" or I think a (small) bootable CD image

27. Olaup

Olaup
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23

I'll forward it to you Chachi in floppy disc form , you can then do whatever format you like . Send address details over in a PM . I would imagine if you made a bootable cd then that is the same as a bootable floppy albeit in a different format . The hack took 20 secs , the machine said " hello " after the 10 input codes were sent , shut down & rebooted as a multiregion machine , marvellous .

:)

28. Olaup

Olaup
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Just a thought , could the contents of the disc be uploaded onto the site so it could be downloaded at will by anyone ?

It consists of bootable files , a small exe programme & the code text . Once the laptop boots up you start the exe programme , press " R" to load the text & then press keys 1-10 in a steady fashion to input the new codes .

29. chachi

chachi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ;) Twas my very plan to do so ...

30. rondha

rondha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40

Mine SC-HT855.
    Eoinf, I am looking forward to your success on this. :)
    SONY is a lot easier to multiregion hack than Panasonic. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.