Quantcast

Panasonic DVD players region free hack now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

shotokan101

Distinguished Member

kuritaro9

Standard Member
ok, i got the remote to accept the 0490 code for the panasonic dvd player with the "dev set" button, but now i cant seem to get the codes input for the 1-10 keys. i have tried them as 3,4 and 5 digits codes, but to no avail. not sure what i am doing wrong. folowing the guides on some of the other remotes, im not getting the same reaction out of the display on mine as what is being described. i get no rabbit? do i have a rabbit?:confused:

i have been trying to follow this guide, but it doesnt seem to work for this remote.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/3279225-post25.html

dohc76

Standard Member
I have been searching all over the net and came upon this forum. I see that it is possible to hack the DMP-80 Panasonics for region free DVD using various methods. I have a DMP-BD70V that I would like to hack and was wondering if anyone has done this model and is it the same hack as the DMP-BD80?

I see that the Harmony remote method is currently unavailable.

Thanks in advance,

Rich

kuritaro9

Standard Member
You're welcome and you know where we "live" if you're still having problems :D

Jim
after doing some more digging around this and other forums, i found a set of instructions that worked out. i now have my panasonic dvd-s54 set to region free and have tested various japanese dvd's in it and its working like a champ...:thumbsup:

here is where i found the info in case anyone else runs into the same issue.

programming universal remote (OFA Kameleon)? | MythTV | Users

1) Press and hold "Setup" until the top LED bars flash twice and you
enter Setup mode

2) Press "Other"

3) Enter "994"

4) Press the device key you're programming (in my case, "dvd") - this
will bring up the keypad controls

5) Press "Setup" quickly (just once - don't hold it)

6) Enter the 5-digit code (prepend the 3-digit EFC code with '00' - for
EFC code 143 you would enter 00143)

7) Press "Scroll" if necessary to toggle the screen to display the key
you plan to assign

8) Press the key you want to assign (e.g., code 00143 = service key)

9) You will see the top LED bars flash twice if successful

10) Repeat steps 2-8 to assign other keys, or press "Home" to exit

here are the keys you will need to program:

1 - 00191 = enter

2 - 00120 = 6

3 - 00065 = >=10

4 - 00180 = <<

5 - 00143 = service key

6 - 00155 = audio

7 - 00122 = 8

8 - 00117 = 1

9 - 00129 = subtitle

0 - 00123 = 4

all i had to do was substitute the 5 digit codes, and assign them as keys 1-10 so i only needed one remote to do the hack...i think i am officially addicted to unlocking dvd players and fooling around with remotes now...:D:hiya:
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/I][/COLOR]

Last edited:

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Well done that man :smashin:

Thnaks for posting the procedure that worked - may well be of use to other forum memebrs in the future :)

Jim

kuritaro9

Standard Member
Well done that man :smashin:

Thnaks for posting the procedure that worked - may well be of use to other forum memebrs in the future :)

Jim
i was a little skeptical about it working because there is no information given by the dvd player during the process, but its working. i have tried 7 different discs. everything from store bought discs to burned copies of japanese discs with the region code left intact. all are working great.

halcon

Standard Member
I JUST bought a harmony 1000i remote so that I can use it to "region-free" my Panasonic DMP-BD35. Now the problem is...how do I do it?

I've looked up that dude who claims to Pm people information with login information so they can sync their remotes with his programming. Yeah...he's not doing that anymore, I guess.

So does anybody either have:

1. login/password I can borrow for that
2. the codes so I can manually sequence program it in.

I've seen the codes for all sorts of other remotes, but because there are buttons like "the magic button", I don't think I can use those.

Any help here...please?

And yes...it is a PAL player, and not a US player.

Last edited:

Mr_Rick

No way of manually entering the codes into a harmony I'm afraid.
I gave up on that route despite already having a 525.
You'd have been better off buying a cheapo OFA remote (see post 776 on p52 of this thread) and using that (magic button et al).
I managed to do mine using an old Dell Axim. :)
Good luck.

Last edited:

reader93

Standard Member
I got this portable dvd player for christmas, but it only plays dvd's that are region 4, regions 2, 3 & 4, or all regions. I have a lot of region 1 dvds, so does anyone know a hack code so i can watch all of my dvds?

hbokh

Standard Member
Is there a possibility that with the Euro BD60 and firmware v2.2 (Nov. 30 2009)

DMP-BD60 Firmware Download (Europe/UK/CIS)

the OmniRemote Pro hack from a Palm-device is not working anymore?
I can't get it to work that way...

UPDATE

Fixed. Euro BD60 can now play R1 discs! :thumbsup:

Used NoviiRemote Deluxe (free download) instead with a file called "Blu.zip / .pdb" found somewhere in this thread: http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-ray-players/885440-blu-ray-player-multi-region-hex-codes.html (check all attachements to find it...).

Last edited:

moonbucket

Standard Member
I have been trying to hack a new DMP-BD60 with the one-for-all method, but I am having no joy using an early version of the kameleon remote - URC-8040.

It will accept the 3-digit codes but these do nothing to the player - it doesn't reboot and is not multi-region for DVD. I can't get the remote to recognize the 5-digit codes.

I can get another cheap one-for-all from argos next time I'm in town, but it's annoying that I can't get the method working with my existing remote. I've carefully reprogrammed each key to rule out human error but the membrane keyboard does not fill me with that much confidence! Has anyone managed the hack with one of these model of remotes?

d_j_atkinson

Standard Member
Did my Panasonic DMR-EX98 last night using the PSP method detailed in the post and it worked a treat first time. I just pressed the buttons in the right order, player switched off and back on and Region 1 discs now play.

Thanks very much! :thumbsup:

RLT

Novice Member
Did my Panasonic DMR-EX98 last night using the PSP method detailed in the post and it worked a treat first time. I just pressed the buttons in the right order, player switched off and back on and Region 1 discs now play.

Thanks very much! :thumbsup:
:hiya:
Which post exactly, theres so many !
About to buy the EX98, so if you could place an X on the correct post I would be most grateful.

Thanks RLT

techdoc

Standard Member
I can confirm that this remote hack works on a UK model of the DMR-E500. I have also tried this on a DMR-HS2 as well but have had no joy, so I guess it needs a firmware update first.

I wish I found this site years ago as I have had the DMR-E500 for just over 5 years.

Thank you everyone.

one-time poster

Standard Member
Would anyone know if the USB infrared adaptors would work on a PC in order to send the winsamp related codes? I started this a while back on my Fujitsu but the laptop broke so have put the region free decoding on the back burner. It is either this or buy a One For All remote.

d_j_atkinson

Standard Member
:hiya:
Which post exactly, theres so many !
About to buy the EX98, so if you could place an X on the correct post I would be most grateful.

Thanks RLT
Sorry for the late reply. I was referring to the following:

The news of the region free code sequence has (luckily) spread as wildfire and more people helped to get the Panasonic players region more easily. A lot of developments have happened since my first posts (including a release of a new better working CCF file).

This is why I constructed a whole new generic region code free page here, where you can read detailed instructions how you can make a Panasonic DVD player region free using on of these devices:

- PocketPC
- Pronto Remote
- Palm
- Symbian Mobile Phone
- Playstation Portable (PSP)
- One 4 All universal remote

Together with the modified region free firmware now available for the S52, S42, S75, S97, S49 and S295 nobody should have a problem to make there Panasonic DVD player region free for free anymore.

BTW, I got and readed reports from many, many people succefully making there player region free with no problems. It's safe to say that this is the right IR code sequence and you can use it without caution. Sorry, the days of the chipped remotes are now really over...
The link for the IR Shell doesn't appear to work on the 'region code free page here' page but I found PSP Hacks · PSP Go Hacks · PSP Homebrew, PSP Downloads, PSP Custom Firmware very useful.

I used my old PSP 1000 running the Cutom Firmware 5.50 GEN-D. I downloaded IR Shell and used the 5.50 IR Shell patch to enable it to run on the Custom Firmware.

Hope that helps you!

djp121

Standard Member
Anyone know how to unlock the Panasonic SA VK860 (model on the device) also known as the Panasonic SC VK860 (on the manual and box), 5disc changer?

Cannot find any mention of successful unlocking attempts.

Thanks

STK

Standard Member
after doing some more digging around this and other forums, i found a set of instructions that worked out. i now have my panasonic dvd-s54 set to region free and have tested various japanese dvd's in it and its working like a champ...:thumbsup:

here is where i found the info in case anyone else runs into the same issue.

programming universal remote (OFA Kameleon)? | MythTV | Users

1) Press and hold "Setup" until the top LED bars flash twice and you
enter Setup mode

2) Press "Other"

3) Enter "994"

4) Press the device key you're programming (in my case, "dvd") - this
will bring up the keypad controls

5) Press "Setup" quickly (just once - don't hold it)

6) Enter the 5-digit code (prepend the 3-digit EFC code with '00' - for
EFC code 143 you would enter 00143)

7) Press "Scroll" if necessary to toggle the screen to display the key
you plan to assign

8) Press the key you want to assign (e.g., code 00143 = service key)

9) You will see the top LED bars flash twice if successful

10) Repeat steps 2-8 to assign other keys, or press "Home" to exit

here are the keys you will need to program:

1 - 00191 = enter

2 - 00120 = 6

3 - 00065 = >=10

4 - 00180 = <<

5 - 00143 = service key

6 - 00155 = audio

7 - 00122 = 8

8 - 00117 = 1

9 - 00129 = subtitle

0 - 00123 = 4

all i had to do was substitute the 5 digit codes, and assign them as keys 1-10 so i only needed one remote to do the hack...i think i am officially addicted to unlocking dvd players and fooling around with remotes now...:D:hiya:
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/I][/COLOR]
I got myPanasonic DMR-E85H HDD player/recorder region free with One for all 9960 remote!!!! YEAAAAHH!!! Thank you, thank you, and Thank you!!!! Now I can play "Ponyo" I bought in Japan for the kids!!!!!!

kuritaro9

Standard Member
I got myPanasonic DMR-E85H HDD player/recorder region free with One for all 9960 remote!!!! YEAAAAHH!!! Thank you, thank you, and Thank you!!!! Now I can play "Ponyo" I bought in Japan for the kids!!!!!!
cool, glad it worked for you. it took me a little surfing to get the procedure down for that remote. its a little different than most of the other OFA remotes.:smashin:

ljubisa

Standard Member
Can anyone please tell me how can i unlock region code on Panasonic SC-PT465? I look everywhere and was unable to find anything...
please someone help me...:lease:

WolfyUK

Standard Member
Thanks for the really useful information in this post. I was wondering if anyone knows if I would be able to use the One For All URC7556 remote control to multi-region (DVD) hack the BD35 player?

Thanks in advance,

Wolfy

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the really useful information in this post. I was wondering if anyone knows if I would be able to use the One For All URC7556 remote control to multi-region (DVD) hack the BD35 player?

Thanks in advance,

Wolfy
It's got the "Magic" button so you should be fine :)

Jim

cartfan123

Standard Member
I region freed my S53 using the technique on the first page, however when trying to play back a PAL DVD:

1) I have a NTSC TV (North American) Plasma
2) I get audio but NO video on the PAL DVD
3) NTSC DVD still work fine

It would appear that the S53 does not have a "built-in PAL to NTSC" converter. Some of the code free shops highlight this with their Panasonic Region Free dvd players.

So.. while when hacked they are region free BUT you need a TV that either does the conversion or an external unit. :thumbsdow

BTW - I've got a Toshiba SD3990 that when region freed does do the conversion and plays PAL DVDs back fine on an NTSC only TV..:thumbsup:

see Panasonic DVD-S2 dual voltage Code Free multi-system DVD player DVDS2 DVD-S29 DVDS29PN S29PN DVD-S29

If I've got this all wrong pls let me know as I'd like to get my S53 playing PAL DVD's back without an external converter. I think someone else with a Panasonic plasma had the same problem on this thread.

Ruben

WolfyUK

Standard Member
I can confirm the hack shown below works on the new Panasonic BD35 Blu Ray player for DVD playback, I presume it will also work for the BD55 too.

I did it using an old One for All - URC 8305 Kameleon 5.

Just a couple of points to note when using the Kameleon.

1. Use the Key-Magic button and not the code 994.

2. The buttons on the Kameleon are very sensitive and it's easy to press the buttons for too long once you have programmed and send the same code twice. For this reason I set the 1-0 key press sequence up as a Macro on the RED button and it worked fine.

Cheers,
Nick

prepare:
1. select DVD device on remote
2. hold magic button until the DVD button blinks twice
3. enter device code 0490 (DVD button blinks twice)

program buttons with the following codes:

1. 00191
2. 00120
3. 00065
4. 00180
5. 00143
6. 00155
7. 00122
8. 00117
9. 00129
0. 00123

1. hold magic button until the DVD button blinks twice
2. press 994 (DVD button blinks twice) (KeyMagic on a Kameleon)
3. press magic
4. enter 5 digit code from above
5. press button (1,2,3 etc..) where to program it (DVD button blinks twice)
6. press ESC on the Kameleon
7 repeat steps 1 to 6 for all keys.

Switch on DVD player, make sure theirs no disc in it.
Press the One For All Remote buttons in the following sequence
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0

If all works ok the Blu Ray player will reboot
When its finished it will not actually tell you its region free, just simply try it with different region DVDs.
Thanks, also this worked perfectly for me using the URC7556 remote for the BD-35!

:clap:

elty

Standard Member
Does anyone know if this hack will work for the BD-30 using the One For All remote? Also are there codes out there for the DMR-E100, DMR-EX85 and Pinoeers DV-575A using same remote? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Kef Reference Series gets new finish and additional model
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Naim announces native Qobuz support for its streaming hardware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney+ generates $100M in mobile app spending since launch
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published