Panasonic DVD players region free hack now available

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by Incure, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eoinf

eoinf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i can confirm this will make a scht855 a dvds52 and a dmrex75 with no problems

2. oosten

oosten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    [

3. Incure

Incure

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes you can, but using an Laptop/PC with an IR-port for sending the region free IR code is the only device I haven't covered yet due to time restrictions.

If you want to experiment I suggest to use the same method for sending the region free IR-code for the Sony DVD players. You find all the instructions to do this here:

http://www.selen.org/english.html

If you succeed can you post the Panasonic region free Winsamp decimal
    IR code (in .txt format) and tell us about how you did exaclty?

Good luck!

4. Dave777

Dave777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks for your efforts Incure.

I have got my pronto updated with your ccf. Can you just confirm the procedure then. I can see you buttons marked for the regions and DEF and RCE. What is DEF?
    Do I have to have the EX75 in a particular mode before I send it and can I make it automatically select a region.

Thanks again

Dave

5. Virus

Virus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    > What is DEF?

DEF stands for DEFault ;-) This button restores your player factory region settings.

> Do I have to have the EX75 in a particular mode before I send it and can I make it automatically select a region.

Just turn on your player, and remove any CD/DVD disc from tray.

Regards -
    Virus

6. germ0815

germ0815

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

I tried getting my Panasonic SA-HT855 region free this weekend. I followed the procedure using my psp, my palm and my pocket pc. None of them worked. :confused:

Especially with the pocket pc I could see the 10 pulses sent using my digicam to look for the IR signal. Somehow, the Panasonic SA-HT855 doesnt do anything or react at all.

Any ideas?

germ

7. eoinf

eoinf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the ht855 seems to work at a different device code to the normal panasonic dvd players

ie on a OFA remote the device number needs to be changed from 490 to a different device i messed around with the search to get the right code to switch the unit on and off and got it to work .im not sure what device code it is ill check later and get back

8. sharper

sharper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Can you help piont me in the correct direction with this. :lease:

9. bigguy283

bigguy283

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there!
    i have a psp which i installed the mod too and it does act as a remote for my dmr e50 recorder, but when i install the hack 1-10 key presses it just wont make my player region free!!!! in the link supplied by virus! it says this code works on my player!!!!! what am i doing wrong??
    i swicth player on with no disc in then i do the 1-10 key presses but nada!!
    help guys please!!!
    thanks

10. bigguy283

bigguy283

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there!#
    i got it to work using original remote and psp (for 00F2 and subtitle) and it worked psp on its own was too trickey to get key press timed propley!!

hhooooorrray!!!!!!!!
    using hacked psp with IR SHELL loaded and panasonic rdf file (thanks virus!!)
    i did this
    original remote------enter,6,-/--,<<,(psp "up" digi pad),audio,8,1,(psp "up" analoge),4
    now region free,rce free!!!!!!!!
    :clap: :clap:

11. dkuk2000

dkuk2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've attemped to multi region my Panasonic DMR-ES10 using a all for one remote,all seemed well at first but ..................it appears it will only play Jackass the movie R1 and no other R1 discs (still plays R2 fine).
    Any suggestions ?.

12. bigguy283

bigguy283

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what error do you get with other region 1 discs???
    is it the picture of the world , thats the picture you would normally get with discs that are RCE protected!!
    if so did you enter the "region free,rce free code" and not just the region free code?
    thanks

13. dkuk2000

dkuk2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All i get is the standard Panasonic logo and the message "this disc may not be played in your region"

I only did the multiregion upgrade not RCE but i don't understand why it will only play one R1 disc.

14. bigguy283

bigguy283

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sounds to me like the region 1 jackas is not protected!! and that the region hack you have done is not working!!! try doing the hack again!
    how many region 1 discs have you tried???
    do the hack i printed in my message and let me know what happens
    thanks

15. sjw

sjw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    Right, I have got the IRshell on my PSP and put the rdf file on it. I've not seen this app before so bear with me..
    I open the IR app nd get to the panasonic file. I select it and it shows 1-10 down the left hand side. like this..
    o 2
    [] 3
    /\ 4
    UP 5
    DOWN 6
    LEFT 7
    RIGHT 8
    UP with little circle 9
    down with little circe 10.

Question: what, exactly do I do here? Empty drive. Player on? Point the PSP at it and push the buttons in order? What is the 9 and 10? The analogue joystick? Do I push them and it will be acknowledged so I know when to push the next one? Obviously don't want to brick my DVD recorder.. (EH60D)
    What will I have? A multi region player? Is it RCE free too?
    Thanks..

16. bigguy283

bigguy283

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i had to use my dvd remote for all but 2 keys as i just could ot get the timing right on psp!!
    switch on dvd player with no disc in it!!
    start your psp in irshell panasonic mode 1- 10 down the side
    use your original remote and do the following
    enter, 6 , -/-- , << , psp press up on digipad , audio , 8 , 1 , psp press up on analoge stick , 4

now your player should restart and thats it multiregion/rce free

17. sjw

sjw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    :thumbsup: :smashin: :smashin: :thumbsup:
    Don't have some of those buttons on my remote... audio or -/--
    So turned on PSP and pushed the buttons one after another.....
    Screen went a funny green colour, machine made a few noises, heart skipped a few beats and then machine came back on again...
    Put in an R1 disc and it plays!!! Tested a few and all seem to work!

Many thanks..
    :thumbsup:

18. Woziak

Woziak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Any news on the Winsamp decimal IR code?

Tried to build one myself but it did not work with the sequence posted on the first page... Am i missing something?

19. dkuk2000

dkuk2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could somebody please give a step by step (idiots) guide on how to multiregion my DMR-ES10 using the official remote and all for one urc-7562

I've got this far "To set the player to RCE-proof multi-region (warning: the player resets at the end and you lose all your settings):

Enter, 6, >=10, <<, Service, Audio, 8, 1, Subtitle, 4"

The problem i've got is there is no subtitle button on any of the remotes.

Thanks in advance

20. Woziak

Woziak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I succesfully made my DMR-E50 RCE proof Region free with the help of an old laptop and winsamp. See the attached file if you want to use winsamp.

Thanks to all who contributed.

Grtz Woziak

21. martind

martind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Hi Woziak,

I have a Pan DMR-ES15, any idea if the solution using the zip file with the IR port on my laptop work with my model of Panasonic DVD?

If i try it and it doesn't work could it potentially render my DVD player useless?

Cheers

Martin

22. Woziak

Woziak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I tried it about 20 times until i got it right. If the sequence was not right the player just respondend as it usualy does to the keys pressed. I don't think it will damage the player if you try but thats just my opinion.

23. martind

martind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Worked a treat, i can now play region 3 DVD's that i brought my daughter:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Created a floppy DOS book disk (google is your best friend if you havent already got one), then downloaded winsamp.exe and added that to the floppy, then added the extracted files from the zip files as in above post number 50.

Booted my laptop from the floppy, ran winsamp from the dos prompt, then pressed 'R' to load the remote text file. It was then a case of running through numbers 1 to 0 on the laptop, i tried this twice then the 3rd time i highlighted each number on screen by selecting them individually (on screen) and pressing the entre key before moving onto the next number using the right cursor.

Hope this helps!!

Martin

24. Incure

Incure

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all! First two things what needs to be clear forever:

- The use of the region free codes cannot damage your player or lock it forever! If this in a rare occasion happens, it is easy to recover from it by re-initiliaze your player from the setup.

- Don't ask if your player/recorder can be made region free using this code, just try it! Again, you cannot damage your player using this code.

I removed a list from my site wich players/recorders where known to be supported to prevent the "does it work with my player?" questions. However I would appreciate if you succeed to post your player type.

Than to the good news. Eeugene sended me very interesting info using an cheap Philips regulair remote for sending the region free IR code. Most of the time these remotes are even cheaper than a chipped one, so if you don't have any of the devices mentioned, than is the best device to buy. These instructions where tested with an 2006 model Philips SRU-520, but probally many older Philips remotes with DVD-player support will work.

You can find this information, together with the info from Woziak using a Laptop/PC and updated info using a Palm on the:

Panasonic Region free hacks page

This is the page wich I update regulairy and where you always can find the latest info.

Martin.
    Panasonic S42 / S52 / S49 / S295 Info site

25. wale

wale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I confirm the region free IR code works great with the Panasonic DMR-E85H DVD/HDD recorder. I used a Pocket PC and the CCF file posted dcevolution.net on the unit (in DVD mode, with no disc inside), and the unit rebooted in region free mode !

However, I have also a Home Cinema System, Panasonic SC-HT500 (with player listed SA-HT500), and on this one, it won't work : it was as if the IR signal was not recognized by the unit at all. I tested an IR signal with a Pocket PC application acting as a universal remote, but the on/off signal sent with Panasonic 1,2,3,4 and 5 IR modes was not recognized either. Does this kind of unit require a special treatment to accept the IR signal ? Many thanks for your help.

26. Steve1971

Steve1971
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

27. davb

davb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just tried this on my Panasonic DMR-EX95VEBS using the laptop method, and it worked first time.
    Just remember that once the file is loaded into winsamp, that you use "enter" to send the first code then "right arrow" to move to button 2, then "enter" and so on. Keep the button presses at an even pace.

28. tony @ suffolk

tony @ suffolk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    I tried the ccf file through my Pronto on my Panasonic TX15-LV1, which is a TV/DVD combo player I use in our caravan. No luck I'm afraid. But I guess it's probably the wrong type. No harm done either!

29. wale

wale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After some investigation, it seems that Panasonic SA/SC-HT systems are not considered as DVD players but as "PreAmp" by universal remotes, at least it is Philips NeoPronto's case. On this remote the code set is then 0335 instead of 0517 or 0659.

How can the CCF file or tv remote app on Pocket PC be set to take this into account (unless this has nothing to do with the problem... I'm quite ignorant on these matters) ?

Steve1971, what kind of damage do I risk ? Physical damage, lock on special modes ? Have you tested this on HT units ?

Thanks.

30. Steve1971

Steve1971
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You risk the unit sticking in "ST Mode" with no way to return to normal , this was my warning about using these codes on HTxxx units , on some earlier DVD Recorders you can totally trash the unit so that becomes dead !

It's probabily quite safe to "play about" with other models which tend to be more forgiving.

Steve DVD Chips

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.