1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DVD-LX9

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ThundyCat, Aug 19, 2004.

1. ThundyCat

ThundyCat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +228
    Looking to buy one of these players just wondering if any one has one and if so are they any good?

Many Thanks,

Joe.

2. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Love mine, I bought the big battery which gives me 3/4 films as opposed to 1+, use it now more than my regular player :) It is class in the portable arena, there is a big jump between this and just about every other portable (samsung 9 inch being the only competition?). The docking station etc is neat

3. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27

No doubt you are aware that www.richer-sounds.co.uk are selling this brand new boxed @ £499. :cool:

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  5. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +396
    RS have done this for £499 on one day specials in the past not sure recently though ?

Have to say it is by far the best portable out there. BIG gulf between this and everything else. I have the LX9 and the Samsung which is 10" screen. I would say the Samsung is better built but the LX9 is far better overall with a lot better screen.

6. ThundyCat

ThundyCat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +228
    Yup I went and bought the unit from RS in Southampton last Friday ,and to say i'm very very happy with the unit :D

I also ordered the extra battery unit direct from Panasonic the only down side is you cannot charge both batteries at the same time :thumbsdow .I thought at first the new battery was faulty but after talking to panasonic Direct they confirmed that you cannot charge both batteries at the sametime.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of someone who would do a smart type of carry case as Panasonic don't do the own!

Cheers all,

Joe.

7. captainH

captainH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    Hi, I'm a little confused with the battery charging on this unit. I just got the extended battery and when I try to charge it the yellow charge light comes on for about 2 minutes then reverts to the red "power" light. This is if I remove the small supplied battery. If I leave BOTH batteries attached the yellow charge light goes out after about 4 hours (just enough time to charge the small battery). The manual says it should take about 13 hours to charge both so it doesn't seem like my large battery is charging. Does it charge but just not show the yellow light while doing so? I'm confused...thanks.....

By the way this is a "third party battery" designed for this player, not the official panasonic battery.

8. ThundyCat

ThundyCat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +228
    I spoke to Panasonic direct you need to charge the batteries separately ,not the same time ok.The one that comes with the player should take about 2 hours and secound one should take about 4 hours aprox.

Keep me posted m8,

Joe.

BTW

The extended battery when being charged you should only see the yellow light.(Where you buy the third party battery from)?

9. captainH

captainH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    I bought my second battery from ebay. It was sealed but is a copy of the panasonic original (I did know this, it was less than 50GBP so I thought I'd take a chance). It may be that for some reason the yellow light is not showing when it's charging - maybe something different between an "official" battery and "non-official"? I'm testing this to see if I get power from it after an overnight charge (with only the red light on). The seller has said they will send me another battery if there is a problem with this one.

Normally I take it the LX9 charges the small supplied battery followed by the big battery and the yellow light remains on all the time. I will let you know my findings with this battery. The prices are great if they work :)

10. captainH

captainH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    Thundycat, it just occurred to me, when you say that panasonic said you cannot charge the batteries together do you mean that:

You have both batteries connected but it will only charge the small one followed by the big one, not simultaneously

or

You should disconnect the small battery when you want to charge the big battery.

Sorry for all the stupid questions, I just want to try to ascertain what's going on with this.

Thanks.

11. ThundyCat

ThundyCat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +228
    As you said you need to disconnect the small battery when you want to charge the big battery and vice versa you should disconnect the big battery when you want to charge the small battery.Then you can have both connected to give the extra playing time which should be about 6-8 hours approx.

Keep me posted CaptainH,

Joe.

12. captainH

captainH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    Thanks Thundycat. It also seems I have a duff battery so the bloke's going to send me a new one. Apart from the charging confusion these are great machines. A major step up from my old Sony FX1 (and half the price!!) apart from build quality.