1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic DVD LV75 `in car`

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by paulsa, Mar 25, 2003.

1. paulsa

paulsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I`ve had a `portable`panasonic LV75,for a couple of years now and it`s a really good piece of kit, we(wife,2 kids+ me) are going to Italy on holiday in the summer for 5-6 weeks by car,is it possible to run 2 screens from this player and if so,has anybody got any ideas how to go about doing this,also the sound, we would really like to have this thro` headphones,so we could chat and the kids could watch a movie at same time....do we really need to spend more dosh on a dedicated in car system,or can we adapt the panasonic to do this ?......thanks in advance for any advice given :)

2. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +794
    Looks like you are going to have to spend a bit of money but you could just buy a screen with a headphone socket in it if you never want to hear it through your car stereo only headphones.

you would be limited to one screen this way though as well, unless you bought a amp/spliter to boost the signal to 2 screens.

another way round it is to buy a tv tuner with monitor out on it and aux in, that way you get tv and you can plug the dvd in and also you can have say a gamecube plugged in too.

some of them come with an RF output that you can just slot between your aerial and the head unit and then tune it in to a spare FM frequency for sound if you want to have sound through the speakers as well.

this is what i did in my car, and I used a panny portable dvd with a knackered screen when we went away. Actually, thinking about it I made my daughter plug the headphones into the dvd player so we could listen to cds still.

[​IMG]

I will have a look and see if the tv tuner box has 2 monitor outs when i get home (at work at the mo) as this is an easy way of doing it.

3. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
  4. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +794
    Had a look at the tv tuner/av switcher that i have, in the above link, and there are 2 aux inputs and 2 monitor/stereo outputs, as well as an output for the FM modulator (so you can hear it through your head unit).

If your interested you can have this cheap, and i have the monitor spare, as I have just changed my car and have the factory nav/tv in it already.

5. paulsa

paulsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ReTrO pretty impressive stuff :clap: thanks a lot for the link,don`t want to go that far as the car (renault RX4) is going as soon as the new BMW X3 comes out,so the idea is something,I can install and work from the `panny` that the kids can watch in the back, and listen to on headphones,whenever they get bored,
    Gizraloc.......sounds interesting,if poss.can you give me more info,was going to have a look at additional screens today and try and get info on how to run them from the `panny`......so i guess i would need some form of amp/splitter to run 2 more screens.....sounds as though you have been down this route too :)

6. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +794
    Im with you on the X3 , I have already said that I will have one without trying it, guess it is one of those that you wont loose money on if you dont like it straight away.

and yeah have been down this route :rolleyes:

I kept getting told that the nly way to really do it was to add a multi dvd in the boot, or a dvd head unit etc. and then they would hit me with the

"only going to cost you £1800 sir"

yeah right !

I bought the screen for £140 and the tv tuner was £239 and then i paid £39 for aerials, that was it.

fitted it myself (which i had never done before, not even a head unit) including the panel that i cut and moulded that you can see the screen in, in the pic.
    I bought a multimeter to find the 12v and it took me under 2 hours to have up and running.

I took the 12v from the ignition feed going into the head unit, turned the key and sure enough easy to find ;)

I would want around £150 I guess for the tv tuner with a new set of aerials, plus I have a new multimeter that you could have.

you would probably be better to get 2 new monitors though, with headphone sockets (or infa red) .

let me know as it is all sitting upstairs in the boxes at the mo and I never get round to putting it on ebay.

there is a remote too that isn't in the picture.

cheers Guy

7. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +794
    did you look into this anymore ???

G